Highlands 20 Simon Kenton 0 (Frosh)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very, very hot on that field. I think both teams gassed out a bit, more so than letting off the gas. SK started playing much better football late 1st half. They got organized and composed after a terrible 1st quarter.

I agree with it being hot but if Highlands cleans up the small things which they will and cut down on the Stupid penalties, they will put teams into the Twilight Zone faster than the Opposition can Imagine. Highlands Defense is that good. I did say Nasty right?

I really don't think the heat had much to do with Highland letting off the gas pedal. Highlands 2nd team played a lot of the 2nd quarter and when SK would start to move the ball, here come the big dogs to put a stop to that QUICK! I could tell Highlands was experimenting with some things the 2nd half. If they wanted to, they could have scored at will.

Being in the stands is not indicative of the heat those kids are experiencing on the field. Both teams were well conditioned, but the heat was a factor in the play beginning late in the first half. The kids from Highlands would have "scored at will" if they could have and there is no way the coaching staff wanted to be shutout after only 20 points. I agree that the defense is very good. That said, there is work to be done to hone this team, (penalties are a big part of that). The potential is scary good!

I would say SK was way more gassed than Highlands, because I was on the Highlands sideline and about 1/2 the game multiple starters were on the bench drinking water and chilling out. I didn't see many starters on SK get a break at all. I still would say Highlands put it in cruise control which says a lot about their coaching staff. Class Act

#38 Quincy North for SK had a good game, ran hard and took a pounding as well.

Yes, he did.

I felt bad for SK's QB Landon Scott. That boy took an absolute pounding for 4 qtrs and kept getting back up. He was struggling to get to his feet the whole second half. Props to that young fella. Tough kid.

First off I wanna say this was a good game for both teams. No poor sportsmanship that I saw.You could really tell highlands had a game under their belt as SK didn't look ready in the 1st quarter where the damage was done. Sk played better after the 2nd quarter and had a couple chances at the goal line and couldn't get it in. It could of been interesting if they did. I also wanna point out SK was without their starting running and qb. The hammack kid is out with a concussion and is a stud if he played I think it's a different game. Greenandpurple really? 68-0? Lol

Thanks! Me too I think he just retired from the nfl..... I guess we will just have to see in 3 weeks when they play again hopefully they can get one of them back. I do agree with you #38 ran the ball hard and probably should of been running the ball from the start. #6 is a fast kid but it takes him a while to get going but I guess it doesn't help if you have 2-3 guys in the back field soon as you get the ball.