Dan Straily - Reds Ace

Bailey

DeSclafani

Reed

Stephenson

Garrett

Those are the 5 most talented starter arms that are either ML-ready or near ML ready IMO.

Bailey & Disco I agree with.

For now, Reed is a 3.5A player (better than AAA and not yet MLB ready). He needs work & innings to make sure he can perform. He'll get that so is likely in the rotation for 2017 on a .500 ball club if everything goes well.

Garrett & Stephenson -- not sure I roll either of these guys out there in advance of Straily. I know they need innings at the MLB level, but Straily also has to be given innings to prove / disprove that his 2nd half was a fluke. Unless Garrett has a great spring and shows he's ready, I think he starts 2017 at Louisville and buys another year of Reds control.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bailey & Disco I agree with.

For now, Reed is a 3.5A player (better than AAA and not yet MLB ready). He needs work & innings to make sure he can perform. He'll get that so is likely in the rotation for 2017 on a .500 ball club if everything goes well.

Garrett & Stephenson -- not sure I roll either of these guys out there in advance of Straily. I know they need innings at the MLB level, but Straily also has to be given innings to prove / disprove that his 2nd half was a fluke. Unless Garrett has a great spring and shows he's ready, I think he starts 2017 at Louisville and buys another year of Reds control.

Agreed, and even if he is ready it's the smart thing to do.