14th Region Top Players By Team

55th District

Wolfe- Stevie Evans #3 Senior

Breathitt-Justin Hollan,Travis Smith Juniors

Jackson City-Drew Davidson Junior Michael Watkins #15 and Dustin Kilburn #21

Seniors

Riverside-Brandon Hudson

Wolfe didnt do good last year with arguably the two best scorers in the region and now that they are gone i dont see wolfe doing that good this year but evans is a decent player and he will be the leader. Riverside has a new coach and i can see them showing a little improvment but not enough. The big game in this district will be on Dec. 22nd and Breathitt when jackson city plays breathitt. The matchups will be very intriguing in not just the players but the coaches. Look for Hollan and Smith to be big for breathitt but watch out for the three jackson city guys Davidson, Watkins and Kilburn will come out big in this game i believe. They gained alot of experience last year and are hungry for this year to start.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then if he isn't then who is? I have never coached one that has more talent that is more coachable. He is a coach on the floor.

I can think of three that I would consider to be better all-around players; Clark Stepp -June Buchanan:Tyler Bailey-PCC:Brandenburg-Lee Co .Hicks is a very good player but not the best.You have to look at all aspects of the game.Ball handling,rebounding,assists,defense,as well as shooting;etc;etc;

I can think of three that I would consider to be better all-around players; Clark Stepp -June Buchanan:Tyler Bailey-PCC:Brandenburg-Lee Co .Hicks is a very good player but not the best.You have to look at all aspects of the game.Ball handling,rebounding,assists,defense,as well as shooting;etc;etc;

Point well taken. I still like Hicks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Perry - Kelly, Bailey & Stacy

Hazard - Campbell, Hicks & Williams

Letcher - Banks & Blair

Jenkins - Puckett

Knott Central - Lindon, Stamper & Mosley

Cordia - Gambill & Hurt

Buckhorn - Gay

JBS - Cox, Stepp & Collins

Leslie - Howard & Hubbard

Lee - Brandenburg, Fetters & The Liesegang Twins

Estill - Berryman & Christopher

Wolf - Evans

Powell - Romes

Breathitt - Hollan & Smith

Jackson City - Davidson

Owsley - Congleton

Riverside - Hudson

Perry - Kelly, Bailey & Stacy

Hazard - Campbell, Hicks & Williams

Letcher - Banks & Blair

Jenkins - Puckett

Knott Central - Lindon, Stamper & Mosley

Cordia - Gambill & Hurt

Buckhorn - Gay

JBS - Cox, Stepp & Collins

Leslie - Howard & Hubbard

Lee - Brandenburg, Fetters & The Liesegang Twins

Estill - Berryman & Christopher

Wolf - Evans

Powell - Romes

Breathitt - Hollan & Smith

Jackson City - Davidson

Owsley - Congleton

Riverside - Hudson

Great list. I would like to add Blank and Rice for Buckhorn. Andy Blank will be one of the better pure shooters in the region. Rice is a work horse.

If JBS plays any good defensive team, or someone that can handle Stepp, i don't see them winning. Cox and Collins are good players, don't get me wrong, but without Stepp they would be nothing. Shut down Stepp... and you win.

Off night for Gilbert...major ON night for Cox. Basketball is just like any other sport. Some nights you have good games, some nights you can't hit the rim. Wolfe did'nt really match up with JBS last season despite a loss by 26 points. Compare JBS to a team such as Hazard or PCC, if JBS can beat one of those two, or even Powell or Lee in this case by 26, without Stepp...they deserve to win Region. IMO they would'nt do bad in the state tournament.