Last Years D-1 Signee's

I can't think of any. It seems that football has taken over as "the sport" in KY the last few years. Kentucky always has a bunch of football players that go D1 and usually a few nationally known players as well. In the past couple of years I can think of Brohm, Bush, Burke, and Micah Johnson who were all big time recruits.

I can't even think of the last big time basketball recruit in KY?? Lofton is a darn good college player but he wasn't very publicized.

I can't think of any. It seems that football has taken over as "the sport" in KY the last few years. Kentucky always has a bunch of football players that go D1 and usually a few nationally known players as well. In the past couple of years I can think of Brohm, Bush, Burke, and Micah Johnson who were all big time recruits.

I can't even think of the last big time basketball recruit in KY?? Lofton is a darn good college player but he wasn't very publicized.

In '03 the 9th region produced 3 D1 players...

Ross Neltner - LSU, now at Vandy.

Justin Doellman - Xavier

Mike Brock - EKU

In '05, Brennan Votel signed with Penn.

A few from the class of 2006:

Vincent Crutcher-Morehead St.

Dan Penick-Morehead St.(originally signed with Wright St.)

Jay Ivey-Middle Tennessee State

What is the big kid from Bourbon Co. name. Russel something. Didn't he sign with Detroit Mercy in 06?

Russell Allen.

I just could not think of his last name. I guess that is what happens when you get my age. They say a mans mind is the 2nd thing to go.:lol:

Dominic Tilford (Mr. Basketball) was in the class of 05 went to UC. I guess he now has left.

The ones I can think of:

Vincent Crutcher, Pleasure Ridge Park ... Morehead State

Dan Penick, Ludlow ... Morehead State

Maze Stallworth, John Hardin ... Morehead State

Chase Denson, Lone Oak ... Morehead State (walk-on)

Forrest Smallwood, Male ... Butler (rumor has it he was released and will end up at Murray State)

Russell Allen, Bourbon County ... Detroit

Walt Allen, South Laurel ... Presbyterian (will be Division I in 2007-08)

A.J. Slaughter, Shelby County ... Western Kentucky

Josh Mack, University Heights ... Coastal Carolina

Randon Cavette, Graves County ... Coastal Carolina

Jay Ivey, Owensboro Catholic ... Middle Tennessee

I am not sure ask Bird Man he knows quite abit about Highschool Basketball.:D

Actually Keaton looks like he's gained 10-15 pounds and IMO had he went to prep school or waited longer he could have went to a big time school (there were bigger offers than Belmont.) It would interesting to see if he would consider transfering for his fifth year since that's legal now and he red-shirted last year. At some point and time he will be Belmont's best player and if he added 10-15 more pounds he can play with anyone in the country (he lit Oak Hill up as a senior) other than me at his house, because I'm sure I can still back him in and shoot jump hooks over top of him. :D