July 6, 201610 yr SEC must ignore today, focus on yesterday and tomorrow in selling basketball revival | Lexington Herald-Leader This was in Sunday's H-L and I found it interesting.
July 7, 201610 yr Good idea. But will it work? I think the acknowledgement of KY as an independent from the league image is true. The other teams have to get their programs back up and competitive. There is no easy fix for the SEC but I like the thought process here.
July 7, 201610 yr They're already turning the publicity and money from the SEC Network into coaching hires that appear miles better than what they were doing a decade ago. It appears they're on the right track to improving hoops, which as a fan of the Dayton and the Atlantic 10 is a bit troubling, as few leagues have done better during the SEC's lean years as far as getting those NCAA bids than the A-10.
July 7, 201610 yr I think it's easier said than done. Convincing recruits to play in the SEC is going to be difficult. And the non-success of Ben Simmons at LSU I don't think will help. Even though he was the #1 pick, not making the NCAAT hurts.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.