Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Why do the Mets own the Cubs?

Featured Replies

After sweeping the Cubs in the NLCS last fall, the Mets swept the Cubs last weekend in New York. What gives Cubs fans? Are Cubs fans rooting for the Mets to no win their division or get in as a wildcard, or would you like a chance at a little revenge come playoff time?

I'd say last year it was dominant pitching and a real green Cubs lineup. I'd say last week was due to the fact the Cubs have been slumping and what seems like a lot of the lineup were Iowa Cubs earlier in the year. Way too early to panic with a lot of baseball to be played. Cubs have dealt with a lot of injuries so far in the season. Off the top of my head Scwarber, Heyward, Fowler, Baez, Rizzo, Sczur, and Montero have all missed time due to injury or being banged up.

Honestly, the Giants worry me more than the Mets. But I can take solace in that I know our window to win is open for the next 5 years and we have the prospects to make some noise in the trade market.

Missed 2 games with back spasms

 

He has missed 3 games total. I don't call that battling injuries for Rizzo.

  • Author
Honestly, the Giants worry me more than the Mets. But I can take solace in that I know our window to win is open for the next 5 years and we have the prospects to make some noise in the trade market.

 

Yeah facing Cueto, Bumgarner, and ex Cub Samardzija would be a tough task. I would still want a little revenge on the Mets if I were a Cubs fan though.

  • Author

Would anything but a World Series appearance be considered a disappointment?

He has missed 3 games total. I don't call that battling injuries for Rizzo.

 

I didn't say he battled injury, just listed the guys that have missed time for an injury or being banged up.

Would anything but a World Series appearance be considered a disappointment?

 

In my opinion, yes, but it's not like this is our only shot in the foreseeable future

Honestly, the Giants worry me more than the Mets. But I can take solace in that I know our window to win is open for the next 5 years and we have the prospects to make some noise in the trade market.

 

It is an even year.

I didn't say he battled injury, just listed the guys that have missed time for an injury or being banged up.

 

Almost all miss a few games here and there for being banged up.

Almost all miss a few games here and there for being banged up.

 

I'm aware, just pointing out the Cubs have had a lot of missed games from their opening day lineup. Heck I even forgot to mention Soler.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.