Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

McGee and Planck drafted

Featured Replies

But if I thought I'd go to MLB I wouldn't want to slip in draft. I'd guess Planck goes to UL.

But if I thought I'd go to MLB I wouldn't want to slip in draft. I'd guess Planck goes to UL.

Saw this young man as confident, physically very mature, and very coachable. Do not think ego issues will be a problem. Do not know about his family or advisors; but, I would be very surprised if the practical and financial move now doesn't win out over the normal college route. This young man has off-the-scale upside.

Just looking at the players the Mets drafted in rounds 1-10 I would be surprised if they would be able to free up enough money to sign Plank for the kind of money he is allegedly asking for.

 

The article states that he turned down 3rd round money which would be somewhere in $500-800k range which means the Mets would have to sign the players in rounds 1-10 for less than slot value to free up that money.

 

The Mets drafted 11 players rounds 1-10. Of those 11 only 1 was a college senior. Most teams draft college seniors in the 1st 10 rounds because they can pay the minimum bonus because the player has no negotiating leverage. The one senior they drafted in round 8 has already signed for $10k which is the minumum on a slot value of $175 and change saving them $165ish k. The rest of their 1-10 round picks are all college underclassmen (they drafted no HS players rounds 1-10) and thus have more leverage. They have signed their 5th round pick at slot so no savings, Their 7th round pick signed under slot but only by $12.5k. They also signed their 9th round pick but he signed above slot value by $236k. That wipes out all the savings they had accumulated and actually puts them in the hole. They can only go over their pool by 5% because after 5% they incur some pretty major penalties including financial penalties and loss of future draft picks.

 

If you would like to follow the signings for the 1st 10 rounds, you can find them here.

 

2

***Update***

 

Seems I was wrong about $10k being the minimum you can sign a player for. The Reds have signed their 7th,9th and 10th round picks (all college Sr's) for $5000 each. There's the money savings i was talking about. Those 3 signings saved a total of $550k of pool money for the Reds. That puts the Reds at around $150k over on there pool at the moment. Still have 1 more Sr. from the 8th round to make that up.

 

The Mets made an additional signing yesterday of their 6th round pick at slot value, so no savings. They are currently in the hole on pool money by $58k

around 750K is what the rumors on what they offered Mr. Baseball for his services?

All MLB contracts cover college expenses. Typical amount is enough for 4 years of tuition at a state school, plus some living expenses. Player must start within a couple years of the end of their pro career.

McGee toured the Rays facilities this weekend.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.