South Spencer, Ind. 35 Owensboro Catholic 8

The Scribe

I talked to a buddy of mine who went (OCHS Alum) and he said that the Aces offense was non-existant tonight. They where trailing 35-0 in the 3rd when he left. South Spencer is traditionally a pretty good (IN) 2A team, this is usually a close game.

I still look for OC to go undefeated in district play. This was a game to build on. Not to take away anything from South, because they were a good team, and I thought Walker did well for the 1st game. Some dropped passes by some receivers will be corrected and Ijames back in the fold along with Logan Bell back on the line will help. A loss to OHS will also not hurt them next week as I see them losing again, but that is next week. One thing is for sure. They need to start hitting people on the defensive side of the ball. Stopping the run is a big weak point right now.

I still look for OC to go undefeated in district play. This was a game to build on. Not to take away anything from South, because they were a good team, and I thought Walker did well for the 1st game. Some dropped passes by some receivers will be corrected and Ijames back in the fold along with Logan Bell back on the line will help. A loss to OHS will also not hurt them next week as I see them losing again, but that is next week. One thing is for sure. They need to start hitting people on the defensive side of the ball. Stopping the run is a big weak point right now.

Agree 100%

This aces team just needs to get tougher. They failed 4 or 5 times on 3rd and 4th down and under a yard to go for a first down or a TD, that is just inexcuseable. The OL did a nice job of protecting Walker as I don't remember him getting sacked but they generated absolutely zero push on any run play. In my opinion that boils down to toughness and some of these kids just don't have that mean streak in them.

The receivers also need to start catching the ball. It seemed to me they were more worried about the hit that was coming instead of the ball that was bouncing off of their hands. Again I think that boils down to toughness.

The RB's need to be more productive as well. On the occasion there was a hole to run through they were very tentative. They just to lower there shoulder and get that extra yard.

On the defensive side of the ball just look at what Radio Guy said, "start hitting people". Its that simple! I only saw a few times where a ball carrier was hit and taken down by the first contact.

On a positive note though Walker did do well for a soph who is starting his first varsity game, as was already stated, and Neil Holland is one special player. This kid can take it to the house whenever he touches it. When Ijames gets back we will have that tough runner who can get that extra yard. Also there were a couple of other guys sidelined who would've helped out a lot, most notably Logan Bell who is a mammoth lineman.

This team will get better and has the potential to be a 2a state title contender by the end of the year. But they just can't get to down by the this week or whats going to happen next week.