Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

8th Region 2016/17

Featured Replies

  • Author

The leadership aspect of the game is something South will need to replace with the graduation of Williams. Best players are not always the best leaders and you cannot always teach them to play that role. Having that leader on the court is under valued by a lot of coaches these days.

I'm seeing posts about South, Collins, and Anderson. Anyone have a clue how good Spencer, Shelby, Oldham, or northern schools are?

I know hopes were high for Williamstown at the end of the season. I know they gave us a game in the 32ND. Can they jump ahead of Walton or Grant in 2016?

Collins will be a factor by the end of the season. North Oldham has had a pretty good June, and returns some good talent.

I know hopes were high for Williamstown at the end of the season. I know they gave us a game in the 32ND. Can they jump ahead of Walton or Grant in 2016?

 

I'm fairly certain both lost more than a couple contributing seniors, though I can't confirm that for WV. Williamstown returns 99.5% or more of their scoring from last season, and with another year together I'd be surprised if they remained the 4-seed. It should be a highly competitive district.

I'm fairly certain both lost more than a couple contributing seniors, though I can't confirm that for WV. Williamstown returns 99.5% or more of their scoring from last season, and with another year together I'd be surprised if they remained the 4-seed. It should be a highly competitive district.

 

It could be interesting.

It could be interesting.

 

1) Simon Kenton - size and experience

2) Williamstown - experience and the best PG in the 8th in Stanley.

3) Walton Verona - return a lot of good players and some young ones who could contribute.

4) Grant County - lost a lot of players and will be young.

  • Author

From what I saw this summer: Simon Kenton, Anderson County, Owen County and North Oldham look like strong contenders for the district titles with Collins, Oldham Co, South Oldham, Williamstown and maybe Eminence chances to get to the Regional Tournament. The 29th looks like the deepest district with North, South and OC looking to make a run. A lot depends on what transfers occur before start of the school year.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.