May 16, 201610 yr Back story....Joey Bats crushes the Rangers hearts last season in the ALDS with a massive HR in game 5, and gives an epic bat-flip. The Rangers wait until the final inning of the final game between the clubs to peg him yesterday. Next batter hits a grounder to SS. Bautista slides in hard, and the Rangers 2B tries to drill him in the face with his throw. They get up, Odor shoves Bautista, then hits him square in the jaw with a haymaker. Benches clear, managers in each others faces. Completely uncalled for. Odor should get at least a 15 game suspension. Dude beats you because you suck and this is how you respond. Losers. Sad thing is there are a lot of morons out there that think this is acceptable in the game.
May 16, 201610 yr Back story....Joey Bats crushes the Rangers hearts last season in the ALDS with a massive HR in game 5' date=' and gives an epic bat-flip. The Rangers wait until the final inning of the final game between the clubs to peg him yesterday. Next batter hits a grounder to SS. Bautista slides in hard, and the Rangers 2B tries to drill him in the face with his throw. They get up, Odor shoves Bautista, then hits him square in the jaw with a haymaker. Benches clear, managers in each others faces. Completely uncalled for. Odor should get at least a 15 game suspension. Dude beats you because you suck and this is how you respond. Losers. Sad thing is there are a lot of morons out there that think this is acceptable in the game.[/quote'] Odor will be suspended but my guess it's in the 5-game range. Wicked blow to the jaw. Bautista with a rookie move in not being ready. He wasn't completely innocent in this. That slide was a "take out" slide. Any time you go that far past the base you are prone for retaliation.
May 16, 201610 yr Author Odor will be suspended but my guess it's in the 5-game range. Wicked blow to the jaw. Bautista with a rookie move in not being ready. He wasn't completely innocent in this. That slide was a "take out" slide. Any time you go that far past the base you are prone for retaliation. Ridiculous. There's no justification or defense for this. Yet, I knew you'd be one to try.
May 16, 201610 yr Ridiculous. There's no justification or defense for this. Yet' date=' I knew you'd be one to try.[/quote'] Justification? I explained it. It's sports and it's been happening for a long time. Nothing new.
May 16, 201610 yr Author Justification? I explained it. It's sports and it's been happening for a long time. Nothing new. Spin, spin, spin...
May 16, 201610 yr Author So what part of my explanation bothers you ? Nothing about your post bothers me. You're more than entitled to have a ridiculous opinion.
May 16, 201610 yr Nothing about your post bothers me. You're more than entitled to have a ridiculous opinion. Quit playing games. You disagree with my response. Why?
May 16, 201610 yr Author Quit playing games. You disagree with my response. Why? Because everything you said was ridiculous. Bautista is a baseball player. Calling him a rookie for not expecting to get punched in the face is ridiculous. His slide was the typical break-up the double play slide. He did nothing wrong. Trying to place blame on his is beyond ridiculous.
May 16, 201610 yr Because everything you said was ridiculous. Bautista is a baseball player. Calling him a rookie for not expecting to get punched in the face is ridiculous. His slide was the typical break-up the double play slide. He did nothing wrong. Trying to place blame on his is beyond ridiculous. You've said you're not a fighter so I get where you missed my point on the "rookie" comment. If you walked up on two dogs fighting and stuck your hand out to pet the dogs but one of them bit you you'd be a "rookie." Same here. Bautista tried to take him out. Knows the guy is mad. Guy shoves Bautista so now he knows he's REALLY mad. He still comes back at him but he does so with his hands down. What did he think Odor was going to do? Debate him? Rookie move. You have to be ready to "go" in that situation OR you take your desired path, UKMF, and walk away. If you choose to stay but keep your hands down..that's on you. You condemn old-school baseball i.e. retaliation but you then blow off a potentially dangerous slide. Can't have it both ways. I wasn't trying to "place blame" on anyone. I explained it to you. You don't get it because you don't have an aggressive gene in you (other than with a keyboard occasionally). That's cool that you're not aggressive but don't then condemn me for explaining what the thinking is. In the name of "no hidden agendas" let me say that I can't stand Bautista. He's like KG - faux tough guy. All show. Him throwing his teammate under the bus after HE made a mistake last year just solidifies my feelings towards him. I'm glad he's OK and didn't suffer a serious injury but he's a horse's rear end.
May 16, 201610 yr I saw a video of Odor from his minor league days. Lesson to all MLBers is this guy is NOT "fake" like most athletes. He's ready TO GO. Steer clear if you just want to run out there and be a "hold me back" guy.
May 16, 201610 yr Author You've said you're not a fighter so I get where you missed my point on the "rookie" comment. If you walked up on two dogs fighting and stuck your hand out to pet the dogs but one of them bit you you'd be a "rookie." Same here. Bautista tried to take him out. Knows the guy is mad. Guy shoves Bautista so now he knows he's REALLY mad. He still comes back at him but he does so with his hands down. What did he think Odor was going to do? Debate him? Rookie move. You have to be ready to "go" in that situation OR you take your desired path, UKMF, and walk away. If you choose to stay but keep your hands down..that's on you. You condemn old-school baseball i.e. retaliation but you then blow off a potentially dangerous slide. Can't have it both ways. I wasn't trying to "place blame" on anyone. I explained it to you. You don't get it because you don't have an aggressive gene in you (other than with a keyboard occasionally). That's cool that you're not aggressive but don't then condemn me for explaining what the thinking is. In the name of "no hidden agendas" let me say that I can't stand Bautista. He's like KG - faux tough guy. All show. Him throwing his teammate under the bus after HE made a mistake last year just solidifies my feelings towards him. I'm glad he's OK and didn't suffer a serious injury but he's a horse's rear end. 1st bolded...You act like that's a bad thing. :lol2: 2nd bolded....It wasn't a dangerous slide, it was clean.
May 16, 201610 yr 1st bolded...You act like that's a bad thing. :lol2: 2nd bolded....It wasn't a dangerous slide, it was clean. I've never once said that's a bad thing. I don't get it. I'm not wired that way but it's not a bad thing. Any time a defender has his feet planted on the BACK SIDE of a base and the runner slides HARD way past the base it's a dangerous slide. So much so that it's now illegal. So you either abhor that because injury risk or you're OK with nailing Bautista in the ribs with a pitch. It's just baseball, right?
May 16, 201610 yr Author I've never once said that's a bad thing. I don't get it. I'm not wired that way but it's not a bad thing. Any time a defender has his feet planted on the BACK SIDE of a base and the runner slides HARD way past the base it's a dangerous slide. So much so that it's now illegal. So you either abhor that because injury risk or you're OK with nailing Bautista in the ribs with a pitch. It's just baseball, right? I don't get it either. Not sure why people are wired that their first instinct with conflict or disagreement is fisticuffs. Seems barbaric and uncivilized to me. Why would I be ok with nailing Bautista for a clean slide?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.