Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

World Travel

Featured Replies

I'm sure there's several bgp's who travel outside the US on a regular basis.

 

Question for you folks:

 

Have you or your company changed your approach to world travel since the Paris and Brussels attacks?

 

Has anyone else changed their plans for vacation travel after these terrorists attacks?

My daughter was just there at the airport and bus station less than a year ago. I was really concerned then and gave her the best speech I knew about being careful. Myself and my wife want to visit Europe but we are gonna have to really look at whats the best plan of action as this moves on. Our AAU organization has been approached several times to go to Europe and play, but there is no way I will look at that given the current state of the world.

My company posted a ban on travel to Brussels. They did similar things during other issues including grounding us after 911.

I have been lucky to have traveled quite a bit. I most recently got home from a trip to Italy two days before the Brussels bombing.

 

I have no real fears about traveling, but there is one thing I did do differently this time. Usually, I will pack a UK T shirt or jacket because it sparks conversation with other American travelers. This time, I made a conscious decision to NOT wear anything that would identify me as an American. I wasn't afraid to travel, but I wanted to make sure we didn't stand out.

 

Oddly enough, when we would approach local Italian folks, they immediately spoke English to us most of the time. I guess that we looked American anyway!

 

On another note, we couldn't help but notice a heightened presence of military in all of the famous landmarks wherever we traveled. A sad sign of the times, but it did make me feel safe.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.