Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Interesting NCAA Tourney Tidbit

Featured Replies

Saw this and thought it was interesting, most NCAA Tourney Wins Since 2000:

 

1. Kansas 38

2. Michigan State 36

3. Duke 34

North Carolina 34

5. Florida 33

6. Connecticut 32

Kentucky 32

8. Arizona 25

9. Louisville 24

Syracuse 24

Wisconsin 24

12. UCLA 23

13. Ohio State 19

Texas 19

15. Butler 17

Illinois 17

Maryland 17

18. Gonzaga 16

Memphis 16

Pitt 16

21. Xavier 15

 

 

There are a LOT of major programs NOT on this list. A few really surprised me that aren't on here.

  • Author
Outside of IU, who are the major programs missing?

 

Villanova, Purdue, Georgetown, UC, Michigan, Marquette, Notre Dame, etc.

Villanova, Purdue, Georgetown, UC, Michigan, Marquette, Notre Dame, etc.

 

Well Notre Dame has long had that stigma of not being able to get out of the first weekend. Before last season, it was practically a running joke.

Villanova, Purdue, Georgetown, UC, Michigan, Marquette, Notre Dame, etc.

 

Gotcha.

 

We have different definitions of major programs it seems.

  • Author
Well Notre Dame has long had that stigma of not being able to get out of the first weekend. Before last season, it was practically a running joke.

 

I believe Notre Dame has only made the Sweet 16 5x in the last 50 years, or some crazy stat like that. It is eye-popping. However, I'd still say they have (and have had) a really solid hoops' program.

Outside of IU, who are the major programs missing?

 

Not digging at IU, but they've made it as far as the Elite Eight one time (Runner-up 2002) since 1994. I know it's blasphemous to many, but they're no longer in the conversation with the elite programs.

  • Author
Not digging at IU, but they've made it as far as the Elite Eight one time (Runner-up 2002) since 1994. I know it's blasphemous to many, but they're no longer in the conversation with the elite programs.

 

Who still says Indiana is "elite"?

Villanova, Purdue, Georgetown, UC, Michigan, Marquette, Notre Dame, etc.

 

Gotcha.

 

We have different definitions of major programs it seems.

 

Shocking.

 

Yeah, I'll have to agree with UK on this one. Of those listed, none of them have ever stood out to me as great in the NCAA tourney. Definitely not consistently. They've all had a run here or there, but I'm not surprised by them not being on the list.

  • Author

I don't want to turn this into a head-spinning argument on semantics. If you con't consider those missing "major" programs, than I don't know what else to say.

I don't want to turn this into a head-spinning argument on semantics. If you con't consider those missing "major" programs, than I don't know what else to say.

 

I would consider them major programs based on the name... Not in terms of how they perform in the NCAA tournament. Your initial list pretty much solidifies that.

I don't want to turn this into a head-spinning argument on semantics. If you con't consider those missing "major" programs, than I don't know what else to say.

 

They are certainly major programs and on my list of underachievers when March rolls around. Pretty cool breakdown, although I don't see too many "Top 21" lists. :D

They are certainly major programs and on my list of underachievers when March rolls around. Pretty cool breakdown, although I don't see too many "Top 21" lists. :D

 

FWIW, I am somewhat surprised to see Pittsburgh in the top 21. They'd be on my list of underachievers as well.

  • Author
FWIW, I am somewhat surprised to see Pittsburgh in the top 21. They'd be on my list of underachievers as well.

 

Fields / Blair / Young won a LOT of games.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.