Adam Jones Agrees to 3 Year Deal

If Nelson does not sign today, his stock will be down and the Bengals will have a chance.

I am wondering with both Iloka and Jones coming back will Nelson interested in a Hometown discount? Like you BM, as soon as I heard Pacman signed I immediately thought to myself I hope that means Reggie will be back too.

Pacman fills two needs.

I am interested in hearing the numbers.

Bengals.com had the following:

“I think it does. I've got some unfinished business; we’ve got some unfinished business,” said Adam Jones Wednesday night when asked if his three-year deal (reported as $20 million by spotrac.com) shows the Bengals still think their window of opportunity is still open.

==================

Ouch, that is expensive! And a big raise if true.

It seems to me the Bengals had made Marvin Jones their top target and was willing to spend money to keep him by offering him basically the same deal the Lion's did. However once that didn't work out they realized they have lots of extra money to play with and probably was able to offer Adam Jones a little more than they first wanted to, to make sure he doesn't leave too.

It seems to me the Bengals had made Marvin Jones their top target and was willing to spend money to keep him by offering him basically the same deal the Lion's did. However once that didn't work out they realized they have lots of extra money to play with and probably was able to offer Adam Jones a little more than they first wanted to, to make sure he doesn't leave too.

I hear you and thought the same thing.

Also, not that I think this type of thinking is solid business thinking, but Jones did play on the cheap for several years for the Bengals and the Bengals got way more out of him than what they were paying him. Jones does deserve this money, it is just out of character for the Bengals.

I hear you and thought the same thing.

Also, not that I think this type of thinking is solid business thinking, but Jones did play on the cheap for several years for the Bengals and the Bengals got way more out of him than what they were paying him. Jones does deserve this money, it is just out of character for the Bengals.

Completley agree! I really think they thought Marvin Jones would come back since they were offering the same as the Lion's. So when he left I think it probably made them panic a little bit and made them want to make sure there was no way Adam Jones leaves too.

Completley agree! I really think they thought Marvin Jones would come back since they were offering the same as the Lion's. So when he left I think it probably made them panic a little bit and made them want to make sure there was no way Adam Jones leaves too.

Or put another way, they didn't want to have a glaring need at both WR and CB going into the draft.