Doss is flying under the radar!

Finally got to see Doss play against Fern Creek Thursday night and came away very impressed. This team is getting better at the right time. They are very athletic and long. Play an aggressive man to man defense and are disciplined on the offensive end. Have not played a great schedule,but they're as good as any team I've seen. I think they're the best team in the 6th or 7th region. The regional championship Monday night against Bullitt East could be a classic.

I wouldn't say that they are better than any team in the 7th. I think Trinity, Eastern, or Ballard would give them problems. Trinity would give anyone fits with their discipline and shooting, and Ballard and Eastern could match up with them athletically. I am impressed with them though, and have watched a few of their games. I think the 3 or 4 teams' coaches in the 7th would give them issues schematically, and have the athletes to match, or close enough.

Beat Ballard by 22 earlier in the season. Ballard has since then played a much tougher schedule.

They've also added their second best player since then. Clivonte Patterson (2nd team all-7th region) didn't start playing until after the break, and the football players had just started the week before.

• 2 weeks later...

Doss was in the perfect situation this season. After losing most of their production most outsiders never saw Doss as a serious contender. Coach Williams was able to develop his team minus the spotlight and the expectations. Watching them during the 6th region tourney it became clear that that they would be hard turtles to drown.

Williams proved to me this season that he is an outstanding coach and is to be taken seriously each and every year!