February 18, 201610 yr I almost can't take watching it anymore. Admittedly, I am an old fashion basketball guy. The referees have an excuse with the block/charge calls because it is very difficult to judge. The walking calls (or lack thereof) has become a joke. Check out this little excerpt from the Duke/North Carolina game last night. Duke super-frosh, Brandon Ingram, blatantly travels at least three times and of course.....no whistle. Allowing players to move their pivot feet like this creates a huge advantage to the offensive player. It has become a joke and the true rules need to be properly enforced.
February 18, 201610 yr Author What site is it on? I used the video on my phone to show it and it will not upload. Sorry to waste people's time.
February 18, 201610 yr I almost can't take watching it anymore. Admittedly, I am an old fashion basketball guy. The referees have an excuse with the block/charge calls because it is very difficult to judge. The walking calls (or lack thereof) has become a joke. Check out this little excerpt from the Duke/North Carolina game last night. Duke super-frosh, Brandon Ingram, blatantly travels at least three times and of course.....no whistle. Allowing players to move their pivot feet like this creates a huge advantage to the offensive player. It has become a joke and the true rules need to be properly enforced. The officials will never make that call. But they will hit a point guard for the slightest touch. And they give "scorers" and one calls every time they drive the lane for a basket. No charges called but they'll give and 1 time after time because that player is a "scorer". Last weekend the player nearly tucked the ball under his arm and ran down the lane for a bucket. No whistle.
February 18, 201610 yr Just stick to watching the Pro's! [video=youtube;7VuG1K-LFgY] Pros are worse yet. I got so disgusted I never watch anymore. Nothing is called, it's like watching pickup games. No rules.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.