Covington Catholic 61 Boone County 29

This past football season St. X Cin. beat CCH 57-7. Don't remember Fox Joe using his Twitter account to show his many followers just how bad his CCH team got routed. Don't remember the X cheering section mocking CCH play in a self aggrandizing manner either. Oh, that's right X has more class than that!

Really not cool for a sports reporter to embarrass HS athletes..EVER. I am absolutely amazed that CCH Joe posted this on Twitter. Shame on you Joe!

Lighten up Francis.

Would expect nothing less than your childish instigating Clyde. You are an old man who lives his life vicariously through other people's 16-17 year old sons. You are not in high school and the boys on the basketball team are not your buddies! You need some help!

@Cincy, I will give you props that, albeit anonymously there as well, at least you had the stones to reply to Joey D's tweet directly and not just gripe about it on here. Now, it was buried in a litany of anti-Ted Cruz tweets, but nonetheless, you said it right to him. I was a little shocked that you were the only one to reply to that tweet in that vein. I didn't have a problem with it, but I fully expected some / many would. I also admit that I like Joe a lot and consider him a friend, and with that, I'm 100% certain he meant that post with zero disrespect to Boone County or their players. Should he have avoided that for the purpose of making sure no one was offended? Probably. But Joe is a good man and is very protective of the kids playing H.S. sports. He does great work with the Athlete of the Month program.

Got no problem w/ the student section got problem w/ fox19joe not understanding he works for a major Cincy network!

I'm not gonna debate whether the tweet should have been posted. I can understand the frustration there and can understand why it probably would have been best left off social media. But, two things are certain:

1. Joe is well aware of who he works for, and works darn hard at it, by the way.

2. You certainly took a jab at CCH in your frustration and absolutely insinuated that St X has more class than CCH.

My contention is that EVERY student section in Greater Cincinnati would have reacted the same in that situation - just like CCH last night and just like St X did when CCH finally earned a first down after giving up 57 points.

You can choose to disagree.

Not true, I was on the X sideline the whole game. Other than razing the CCH for their disappearing act in the cheering

Section they were doing standard HS cheers. But regardless my problem is not w/ cheering section it's with a sports reporter for a major Cincy network thinking it was funny to embarrass HS kids! I don't know one kid that plays on Boone County!! All I know, thanks to fox19Joe Twitter account is they must really, really suck!

Not true, I was on the X sideline the whole game. Other than razing the CCH for their disappearing act in the cheering

Section they were doing standard HS cheers. But regardless my problem is not w/ cheering section it's with a sports reporter for a major Cincy network thinking it was funny to embarrass HS kids! I don't know one kid that plays on Boone County!! All I know, thanks to fox19Joe Twitter account is they must really, really suck!

We'll have to agree to disagree on CCH/St X - I was there too. It was a simple Bronx cheer - no words, no chants, just like last night. I had NO problem with what X did either and still don't.

Regarding Joe, you're entitled to your opinion. Criticism goes with the job.

He's a first class guy that probably made a mistake, but highly unlikely he had insidious intentions. I will defend him as vigorously as you criticize, because I have seen all the good he does.

Agree with some of what you said. Joe is a good guy, no argument. But Joe has 6000 followers because he works for Fox 19, not because he is CCH Joe. That has some responsibility that goes with it.

Again, I don't know kid on Boone County, don't know the coach, don't even know where the school is!! If I didn't know any better, and had not looked into it (thanks to Clyde deciding he was going to start some crap to prove what a cool kid he is) Is that Boone County is so pathetic that other teams fans cheer for them when they score, probably a special needs school, right ? I guarantee you if the Boone County kids have a shread of dignity they are pretty embarrassed being portrayed in the media this way! According to some of the CCH fans here Boone is fine with it, 6000 Joe followers now in on the joke..

Edited by Cincy
Word editor

I get it. Joe obviously had a role in producing content that has offended or embarrassed (or both) some folks. My guess is some of the Boone folks took it in stride and some didn't. Heck, for all I know, this has bothered you more than anyone, but that's just what I see on BGP - I don't do Twitter.

Knowing him, it was not his intent. Unfortunately, intent wasn't conveyed, so we're left to speculate. He lives in a world where his mistakes (if in fact this was a mistake) are magnified - goes with the territory.

I have seen him do a lot of good work, on BOTH sides of the river, and at schools that do not have the initials, CCH. He works extremely hard in a tough industry and does his best to cover our great high school sports environment in the area.

Good for you for sharing your feedback to him. I know he listens. We all have room for improvement, provided we're open to criticism.