South Laurel 65 Cordia 45

Actually they are far from full strength. Oumar keita is not even50% he says he is about 30% he can't jump and really can't move laterally very good. He is rehabbing really hard but is really a shell of his former self. Rod Rhodes was not there and won't be there all weekend his wife and him just had a brand new baby boy. He will be at the hospital in Lexington for a couple days. Not saying it would have made much ofa difference but I don't think these kids respond to the other coaches like they do him. Rhodes told me he probably expects to loose some games this year he is focusing on the all A . Honestly I my opinion if cordia goes .500 or a few games over it will be a hell of a year with the schedule they play. They only play I think 7 home games and are traveling a lot that I think can take a toll on a young team. They only have 2 seniors and one of them has not played very much.

Actually they are far from full strength. Oumar keita is not even50% he says he is about 30% he can't jump and really can't move laterally very good. He is rehabbing really hard but is really a shell of his former self. Rod Rhodes was not there and won't be there all weekend his wife and him just had a brand new baby boy. He will be at the hospital in Lexington for a couple days. Not saying it would have made much ofa difference but I don't think these kids respond to the other coaches like they do him. Rhodes told me he probably expects to loose some games this year he is focusing on the all A . Honestly I my opinion if cordia goes .500 or a few games over it will be a hell of a year with the schedule they play. They only play I think 7 home games and are traveling a lot that I think can take a toll on a young team. They only have 2 seniors and one of them has not played very much.

Thanks for the insight. I knew Keita isn't healed yet but this team lost to Fern Creek by 5 without Keita, lost by 11 to Bullitt East and beat Southwestern by 5 without Keita at his best or on the court so I was looking for reasons not Keita related and you gave them. Definitely makes sense now. South Laurel is an above average team but with the way Cordia has been playing seeing them lose South Laurel by 20 eye opening.

Congrats to Coach Rhodes and his wife!!!!