Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Does it get any harder than this?

Featured Replies

Browns Head Coach, Mike Pettine, is in a very difficult position. Owner Jimmy Haslem has said in the past he won't blow things up at the end of the season again but that was before the Browns were 2-9 and 2-14 since last November.

 

How does Pettine concentrate on football when this Mike Pettine knows he'll talk job security soon with Jimmy Haslam: 'We deal with topics head on' | cleveland.com is hanging over his head?

 

Johnny Manziel troubles, Cincinnati Bengals, upcoming meeting with the owner... I hope someone is keeping tabs on Pettine's blood pressure.

 

He has 5 games (or maybe less) to convince the owner that he deserves another season as HC. I don't see the defensive coordinator sticking around another season, though.

 

What do you think is going to happen in the remainder of the season with the team (W-L), with Manziel, and with the Head Coach? And while you're at it, how does Pettine keep from being distracted from doing his job and not just worrying about it?

Off topic I suppose but I believe the Browns need new ownership.

 

Year round you can't go more than a couple of weeks without something negative about the Browns coming out. I know I am generalizing but it is all the time, the Browns wear me out.

Off topic I suppose but I believe the Browns need new ownership.

 

Year round you can't go more than a couple of weeks without something negative about the Browns coming out. I know I am generalizing but it is all the time, the Browns wear me out.

 

Move them to LA.

Couldn't happen to a better team.

Off topic I suppose but I believe the Browns need new ownership.

 

Year round you can't go more than a couple of weeks without something negative about the Browns coming out. I know I am generalizing but it is all the time, the Browns wear me out.

 

The Browns are now what the Bengals were 15 years ago...laughing stock of the NFL...

 

It is almost as hard to be consistently bad as it is to be consistently good in the NFL the way it is set up...and yet the Browns manage to accomplish this task very well every year...

  • Author

They weren't until Modell betrayed the people and ran off to Baltimore. Before that they were a storied franchise. Had the best start of any sports franchise regardless of what sport. But since the move they haven't been able to dig themselves out of the hole Modell left them in. There's been a book written on the reasons for this...

 

http://www.amazon.com/False-Start-Browns-Were-Fail/dp/1886228884

 

Couldn't happen to a better team.

 

Are you a Steelers fan?

 

@MentschTrachtGottLacht

 

Are you the one who plans? Or do you fancy yourself as the One who laughs? :sneaky:

I can't stand Modell and what he did to the city of Cleveland was awful. However, you cannot blame him for what is going on now in Cleveland. That was 25-30 years ago, right?

  • Author

The book details some ways the Browns were set up to fail.

 

However, my honest opinion is that it has more to do with lots of bad drafts and not enough stability. But to be real, nobody yet knows what has caused the current malaise there because everything that has been tried to date has failed and there have been some smart and successful guys who have tried--Holmgren being one of them.

 

Just another side issue... Cleveland's failure to draft a "franchise" quarterback points out how difficult that is to do. They have tried, oh, how they have tried. This may be the biggest reason they have not been able to field a winner. Brady was a sixth round pick--NE didn't think they were drafting a franchise qb then. They were rolling the dice in the 6th round. The lone guy who convinced Belichick to take a chance on Brady is the only person who really though TB was THAT good.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.