December 2, 201510 yr Senior Terry Tarpey and junior Omar Prewitt combined for the Tribe's last 14 points and led a nine-point run over the final two minutes as the William & Mary men's basketball team surged to a 55-48 win over Old Dominion on Tuesday night at Kaplan Arena. W&M (5-2) limited the Monarchs (3-4) to 36.2 percent from the field, and despite not making a 3-point field goal for the first time in a decade, outscored the visitors, 32-14, in the paint. Prewitt led all scorers with 18 points, including 15 in the final 10 minutes, while adding seven rebounds and a game-high four assists. Tarpey scored seven points, all in the final 2:33 of the contest, to go along with seven boards, two blocked shots and two steals. Senior Sean Sheldon just missed a double-double with a workman-like eight points and nine rebounds. He was 2-of-3 from the field and 4-of-5 from the free throw line William & Mary Athletics - Late Surge Propels Men's Basketball Past Old Dominion, 55-48
December 2, 201510 yr Prewitt's just an all around good player who really knows the game of basketball. I enjoy watching him play. W and M had a good guard last year who, I believe, led them in scoring. Is he back?
December 2, 201510 yr Author Prewitt's just an all around good player who really knows the game of basketball. I enjoy watching him play. W and M had a good guard last year who, I believe, led them in scoring. Is he back? No. He graduated. And I think W&M is better this year without him. They look like they are playing TEAM ball now.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.