Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

4A #7 Hopkinsville vs. 5A Marshall County

Who wins? 7 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Hopkinsville
      100%
    • Marshall County
      0%
      0

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Hopkinsville looks to enter the playoffs riding a 5 game winning streak, which would be their longest in seven seasons. One would think they won't have a lot of trouble from Marshall County, which is just 2-7 this season, and will miss the Class 5A playoffs. Hopkinsville has not scored less than 37 points in the last 4 games. What's the damage end up being?

DFire, the damage is likely this game won't get them prepared at all for the playoffs. And if your Dragons draw Hoptown, it will be a game. Just think the Tigers needed more competition here.

PP88 I agree Htown is not ready for a physical team and any of the teams from other district is more physical .it could be a short post season for the Tigers .but I admire the season they are having with all the distractions.

PP88 I agree Htown is not ready for a physical team and any of the teams from other district is more physical .it could be a short post season for the Tigers .but I admire the season they are having with all the distractions.

 

Totally agree Spin! How would Central get the 4 seed? Do they have to lose this week to Greenwood? If its too complicated, don't worry about it, but not I'd like to know because as far as the west goes, that would seem to be the tightest 1 vs 4 playoff matchup.

There might be a couple of combinations but basically if Greenwood Beats Central then central stays number four

There might be a couple of combinations but basically if Greenwood Beats Central then central stays number four

 

Thanks Spin, I think Greenwood should win, but Central will play them tough. Although, they may want to play Hopkinsville, who knows!

  • Author
Totally agree Spin! How would Central get the 4 seed? Do they have to lose this week to Greenwood? If its too complicated, don't worry about it, but not I'd like to know because as far as the west goes, that would seem to be the tightest 1 vs 4 playoff matchup.

 

As spin mentioned, Central losing to Greenwood is the most direct possibility. Additionally, if ACS beats Bardstown, even a win over Greenwood would not help Central. If Central were to beat Greenwood AND ACS lose to Bardstown, then it comes down to what the two teams besides East that ACS beat that count for the tiebreakers. Those two are Glasgow and Barren County. If both won, ACS is the #3. If either lost, then Central is the #3. Glasgow plays E-Town (an almost certain loss), while Barren County plays Edmonson County, a tossup.

As spin mentioned, Central losing to Greenwood is the most direct possibility. Additionally, if ACS beats Bardstown, even a win over Greenwood would not help Central. If Central were to beat Greenwood AND ACS lose to Bardstown, then it comes down to what the two teams besides East that ACS beat that count for the tiebreakers. Those two are Glasgow and Barren County. If both won, ACS is the #3. If either lost, then Central is the #3. Glasgow plays E-Town (an almost certain loss), while Barren County plays Edmonson County, a tossup.

 

My goodness DFire that's complicated! Glad we have knowledgeable folks like you around!:thumb:

I know how you feel about Hopkinsville. Are you secretly pulling for that playoff meeting?

  • Author
My goodness DFire that's complicated! Glad we have knowledgeable folks like you around!:thumb:

I know how you feel about Hopkinsville. Are you secretly pulling for that playoff meeting?

 

Don't get me wrong - it's not that I think at this point that Central is better and/or the favorite in that game. It's that I still view that game as winnable, and I think playing against Hopkinsville and on that side would provide Central with a far better chance of making the region finals. If they make the #3 seed, I think they'll beat Calloway, but we know where that road ends. So, not so secretly, yes, I'd rather they play Hopkinsville. If they're going to lose, fine, lose then. But I'd rather have a shot at more than be staring at South Warren in round 2.

 

Plus, I really don't want to go an extra hour to Calloway.

Don't get me wrong - it's not that I think at this point that Central is better and/or the favorite in that game. It's that I still view that game as winnable, and I think playing against Hopkinsville and on that side would provide Central with a far better chance of making the region finals. If they make the #3 seed, I think they'll beat Calloway, but we know where that road ends. So, not so secretly, yes, I'd rather they play Hopkinsville. If they're going to lose, fine, lose then. But I'd rather have a shot at more than be staring at South Warren in round 2.

 

Plus, I really don't want to go an extra hour to Calloway.

 

I hear ya! All good points! Then I hope the Gators win then because you and I went back n forth in the pre-season on Hopkinsville and it would be a good test for both.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.