Covington Catholic 1 Ryle 0 (PKs) - 9th Region Championship

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Both.....I agree and the reason for my question......consistency.

I agree as well and like I said it looked like they tried to do the proper thing last night and ran into a situation outside anyone's control. Nothing of it made any difference in a really good game, although I wish my umbrella had been bigger.

Good luck to all in the further rounds

So just hypothetically if the ref starts the watch right when the time starts how and why would he arbitrarily blow it 11 seconds after the 5 is up. I'm not saying you are wrong but were you timing as well?

In my opinion you do either one or the other. Mixing and matching parts of them is asking for questions of how fast did the clock operator count? Was he dead on time with the clock and his count? Did the referee have to take .2 seconds to get the whistle to his mouth to end the half? Does the half end when 0 is announced or the whistle blown? Just seems silly.

Do one or the other but not both. Always goes back to why high school has to have a special set of rule for a game that doesn't account for time the same as the other sports.

How? By not blowing his whistle when the chime on his watch goes over.

Why? No idea. Possibly not wanting to stop an attack but he couldn't let it go too long? Again, I have no idea.

Yes, I was timing.

The cr was blew the whistle exactly at the 5 minute mark.

I can assure you he did not.