Most Americans oppose stricter gun laws

All Tell

There was a sword attack in a Swedish school today, teacher killed, students injured. Ban swords? How about we just ban evil people, liberal friends?

I would expand on what you said. Let's ban evil people and get help for mentally disturbed people.

There was also a knife attack in Chicago last week at a public library. A retired army vet was in a room with 15 kids, teaching them how to play chess, when a 20-some year old ran in with a knife, threatening to kill people. The vet used his training to talk the young man into moving to where the vet was between him and the door. He signaled for the kids to run out - they did. The young man attacked him. He was cut, but managed to overpower the attacker and subdue him until a library staff member came in and helped and the police arrived. This could have been much worse, had this guy not been trained.

I would expand on what you said. Let's ban evil people and get help for mentally disturbed people.

There was also a knife attack in Chicago last week at a public library. A retired army vet was in a room with 15 kids, teaching them how to play chess, when a 20-some year old ran in with a knife, threatening to kill people. The vet used his training to talk the young man into moving to where the vet was between him and the door. He signaled for the kids to run out - they did. The young man attacked him. He was cut, but managed to overpower the attacker and subdue him until a library staff member came in and helped and the police arrived. This could have been much worse, had this guy not been trained.

1st bold: Yes!

2nd bold: Or if the perpetrator had a gun (or guns).

Thank God for brave men and women. Thumbs up!

To your bolded: Or if the perp had a pressure cooker and nails.

Perish the thought...

It's true you don't need guns to maim and kill. It is, however, very convenient in America to acquire them. At least pressure cooker and nails are not sold as a "kill" kit like guns and bullets are. Plus, you still need an explosive to make the nails lethal and a way to ignite the charge. It's much easier to just buy a gun and bullets. (I'm being facetious here...)

Edited by MEANGREENMACHINE

Perish the thought... It's true you don't need guns to maim and kill. It is' date=' however, very convenient in America to acquire them. At least pressure cooker and nails are not sold as a "kill" kit like guns and bullets are. Plus, you still need an explosive to make the nails lethal and a way to ignite the charge. It's much easier to just buy a gun and bullets. (I'm being facetious here...)[/quote']

Have the perfect photo to add...

image-949888211.jpg