Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NCC vs Dixie

Featured Replies

I caught the second half of this one. I was a bit surprised by the results but a fun one to watch. First time seeing the Rivera kid play this season although I've read through the Dixie game recaps one thing that struct me as an understatement is the size of him. The moment someone pointed him out to me my first thought was the kid was a middle linebacker for the other futbol team who just stayed after practice. The kid is a rock and has good foot skill although not as fast as I thought he would be from earlier descriptions. NCC had issues handling him. Third time seeing NCC this year and some descriptions seemed pretty accurate. They do put forth a great effort physically. Outside of a few players the whole team runs at 100% for which I applaud them and their spirit. That said, much of that effort seems to be wasteful. They rely offensively on tried and true HS soccer strategy of long through balls where my guy is going to outrun your guy. On the upside (and I don't know their actual roster) I think they are fairly young (or at least they looked young) and some of the best skilled high soccer IQ players seemed to be the younger ones which means a bright future for the team. The issue I saw was those skilled players we rather small which will come in time.

Edited by futbalfan

  • Replies 47
  • Views 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You think NCC had a good season? Maybe that's the problem, supporters settling for mediocrity. NCC has a good history, teams such as this should set and expect higher goals/achievements. Set the bar low and lower then normal expectations we be met.

 

And IMO some NCC supporters owe the former coach an apology. Some NCC supporters placed a lot of blame on the former coach, ran his name through the mud on here. Went on and on how this year would be so much better because he is no longer the coach, etc. Can't place this loss/this season on him.

Did Rivera score last night? I watched him one time, and that was against Holmes. Even though Holmes defense had his number the whole game and caused a lot of frustration, eventually leading to a card, he still managed to put one through the net. His physical presence was known on the field. He appeared to be pretty quick to me, especially for his size. Does anyone have his class?

GameTalkedRight, The NCC supporters are still here. Funny how the superior schedule played by CovCath didn't seem to prepare them for the Birds last night or for regional tournaments the past 3 years. NCC didn't play HHS to any shootouts this year. As for NCC they just couldn't finish. Had at least 3 wide open shots against the keeper that were not even close to hitting the frame. Without Liles and Randle NCC is a different team. Pull the best scorer and best defender from any team and it has effect. Anyway, you keep criticizing the other programs and promoting the blew colonels and IF they raise the regional trophy this year, you can wipe some of the stale egg off of your face.

No apology needed or coming to the previous coach. We have moved on.

Great job this season to the NCC coaches and players and all the best to Dixie moving forward.

You think NCC had a good season? Maybe that's the problem, supporters settling for mediocrity. NCC has a good history, teams such as this should set and expect higher goals/achievements. Set the bar low and lower then normal expectations we be met.

 

And IMO some NCC supporters owe the former coach an apology. Some NCC supporters placed a lot of blame on the former coach, ran his name through the mud on here. Went on and on how this year would be so much better because he is no longer the coach, etc. Can't place this loss/this season on him.

 

You are completely ignorant of the facts surrounding the previous coach. Let it go. You have bigger things to worry about after last night.

You think NCC had a good season? Maybe that's the problem, supporters settling for mediocrity. NCC has a good history, teams such as this should set and expect higher goals/achievements. Set the bar low and lower then normal expectations we be met.

 

And IMO some NCC supporters owe the former coach an apology. Some NCC supporters placed a lot of blame on the former coach, ran his name through the mud on here. Went on and on how this year would be so much better because he is no longer the coach, etc. Can't place this loss/this season on him.

 

Dude, you have no clue what you're talking about. It's obvious you have utter dislike for NCC and take any chance you get to bash them.

 

The team was without two of their best players this game. They lost a lot of seniors last year and did their best this year with a new coach.

 

As to the old coach, nothing is owed to him. He called a kid a (EDITED BUT IT WAS A VERY BAD NAME) in front of the visiting team during a game, grabbing him by the jersey while doing so. The visiting team took to twitter to defend the kid. His behavior all season was so erratic that it left the players confused as to what to do. There were also numerous other incidents, all of which were reported by players. The AD has no ill will towards the old coach, and as far as I can tell, the old coach is understanding and holds no grudge. What happened happened. NCC moved on. You have not. You have a grudge and bitterness. And you're not even involved in the organization. No one takes you seriously.

Let's not let one bad apple represent NCC. Congrats on a good season! Obviously disappointing with the final result but hats off to Dixie for getting the win.

 

Agree....

 

I am not sure I remember any other posters representing NCC that concurred with the "bad apple", or his comments. Unfortunately, one persons antics shed a negative light on the program this season and the target he placed on them was completely unfair to these boys and coaches.

 

I don't know them all but I do know there are good kids representing this program, hold your heads up boys and keep fighting the good fight.

I only saw Ncc a few times this year and they seemed to play a lot of kick ball, not sure if that is being coached or if it was any different from the previous coach but it wasn't pretty.

I know the Randle kid was out for his red card, why was liles out?

I don't think comparing schedules and regular season results are the way to justify a better season. Ncc is out cov cath is still playing, it would be a surprise if they didn't win it all.

I had no idea the old coach would do that to a kid....... Does anyone have the twitter stufff? I have known McDonald for a long time and I may be wrong but it's hard for me to believe he had that in him. We spoke at the games I've seen him and all he said were great things about the kids, not even soccer related. Just said how good the kids were and that he loved being at Ncc and how much he just enjoys coaching. Wonder if this is completely true or if some of this is blown out of proportion, if it's true he must have had some other things distracting him.

 

Not saying it is or not true but I'm sure he wants to let it go as well. I've known him since grade school and never seen him not enjoy the game.

Oh well, glad he found a home at Cooper with the other HC rejects . Jk guys

When in doubt if your team had a good season or a bad season, ask the players. Give them 48 hrs, maybe a week after their last loss for the sting to go away a little. And I'm talking about asking the top 11-14 players that are the main contributors. If this group of players feel their season was successful, then I'm good with it.

Congratulations to the NCC Seniors. Some great and better kids. I've had the opportunity to watch these students progress over time. No reason to hang your heads fellas.

 

The first half was a NCC domination. I belief Grosser was needed for no more than 2 saves. NCC just couldn't score. A Dixie player made a goal line save before halftime keeping it 1-0. The second half was a different story. I'd give the edge to Dixie in the second half but it was about even. The speed of play picked up quite a bit. Dixie would attack 3 on 4 and NCC would attack 6 on 7. Dixie took the lead on two goals in the run of play. Grosser made some nice saves to keep it at that scoreline. NCC was then awarded a "gift" pk which leveled the scoreline at 2-2. ET presented great scoring opportunities but no goals. Dixie in PKs.

 

Could Coach McDonald have made an impact? History thinks so.

Is Coach Martin to blame? Absolutely not.

 

Overall, Dixie played more enthusiastic. I think someone forgot to tell the Thoroughbreds it was regional time.

When in doubt if your team had a good season or a bad season, ask the players. Give them 48 hrs, maybe a week after their last loss for the sting to go away a little. And I'm talking about asking the top 11-14 players that are the main contributors. If this group of players feel their season was successful, then I'm good with it.

 

Here is what you need to understand: There is no doubt and no one cares if you're "good with it". Ask your colonels how the "weak, slow, unskilled" bluebirds were able to take them to PKs last night. You my friend are a buffoon.

I've been around most of the kids from Pendleton cty HS to Conner HS since they started playing at the Y u4 I think. and most of the coaches. I don't think any of them belong in prison. I'm sure they all went out and played and coached as best they could last night last week and all season. maybe you 2 could just have your 2 teams play in the state finales each year in Nov. Then you won't have to stress out for 2 months. Or you cld get your dad to beat up his dad.

Did Rivera score last night? I watched him one time, and that was against Holmes. Even though Holmes defense had his number the whole game and caused a lot of frustration, eventually leading to a card, he still managed to put one through the net. His physical presence was known on the field. He appeared to be pretty quick to me, especially for his size. Does anyone have his class?

Senior :grumpy:

I have commented on how the NCC program has a history of good, strong teams and players. I have made comments NCC is a very good academic school with good staff, all numerous times on BGP. What some of you NCC supporters are not getting about some of my comments this season is it appears some are ok with the drop off in level of play, drop off in level of competition Vs past years.

Supporters of programs with a rich, successful history such as NCC, IMO should not settle or be content with an average opponent rank of #68, should not be content playing 5 teams out of 21 with an opponent rank well over #100.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.