Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ryle 3 Newport Central Catholic 2 (25-13, 25-15, 24-26, 23-25, 15-11)

Featured Replies

  • Author
BTW - I just had to point this out. It looks like math on the hill ain't so grand either. lol

 

We're even......:lol2:

  • Author
I know every kid is different, but when my daughter played against Ryle and the kids called her name or celebrated her mistakes she loved it. It fueled a desire to shut them up with better play. :) LOL

 

I'm in full agreement with this, however each kid is different, so I also understand @KyTmcNcc's point.

  • Author
Volleyball isn't golf. Make as much noise as you want when someone is serving. Happens everywhere. yell, scream, stomp, there's no rule against that and it's just like someone shooting a free throw - not bad sportsmanship at all in my book.

 

That's one that gets me, if I were a golfer, I'd want as much noise as possible.....the dead silence to me is much worse.

It is the home team's coaches and school administration's job to see that their student section is not disruptive . Yelling at the visiting teams server trying to distract her is poor sportsmanship and distracting . If no attempt was made to stop this then the issuing of a yellow card was correct .

 

Trying to distract the server by cheering, chanting, etc. is part of volleyball. There's no rule prohibiting it, and unless the students crossed the line by getting a bit too personal or vulgar with their comments, there shouldn't be a yellow card. Part of being a good player in any sport is learning to tune out the crowd--and their parents as well in certain cases--while on the court or playing field.

 

Personally, all of my daughters loved, and still love, getting catcalls from opposing fans. That let them know they were worried about them.

And yes, volleyball has both yellow and red cards for players, coaches, fans.

 

I have watched a few volleyball games in my times but have never seen a yellow or red card in volleyball. Just curious what is the consequence if a team receives a yellow or red card?

I have watched a few volleyball games in my times but have never seen a yellow or red card in volleyball. Just curious what is the consequence if a team receives a yellow or red card?

 

Yellow card is simply a warning--no award of points to either team. If it's on the coach, he gets to sit from that point forward. A red card will result in the awarding of either a point, or point and serve, depending upon whether the team penalized is serving or receiving.

 

Continued bad behavior, or something flagrant, will get the red and yellow together--other team gets point and the serve if receiving at the time. The offending party is disqualified from supposedly the rest of the match, according to NFHs rules and should leave the building.

 

I've never seen a yellow/red in a KY match, and some say it's only disqualification for the set--they may return for the remainder. I HAVE seen it at an AAU match, and the coach had to leave the premises for the remainder of the match.

Thanks VBallBlue, appreciate the information.

Yellow card is simply a warning--no award of points to either team. If it's on the coach, he gets to sit from that point forward. A red card will result in the awarding of either a point, or point and serve, depending upon whether the team penalized is serving or receiving.

 

Continued bad behavior, or something flagrant, will get the red and yellow together--other team gets point and the serve if receiving at the time. The offending party is disqualified from supposedly the rest of the match, according to NFHs rules and should leave the building.

 

I've never seen a yellow/red in a KY match, and some say it's only disqualification for the set--they may return for the remainder. I HAVE seen it at an AAU match, and the coach had to leave the premises for the remainder of the match.

 

I know last season NDA's coach got a red card and had to sit out 3 matches. This year Dixie's coach got one and had to do the same. In both cases they had to leave the building. I think it happens more than you might think.

I know last season NDA's coach got a red card and had to sit out 3 matches. This year Dixie's coach got one and had to do the same. In both cases they had to leave the building. I think it happens more than you might think.

 

That was the NDA BASKETBALL coach, not volleyball.

That was the NDA BASKETBALL coach' date=' not volleyball.[/quote']

 

Correct. 3 Ts down in Louisville.

There are no yellow or red cards in basketball.

 

Either way Buck has never been thrown out of a game for anything. NDA Basketball coach did for, as Clyde pointed out, 3 Technicals. Unless you are absolutely positive about something it should not be posted.I know that eliminates a lot of posts and posters who spread gossip but to say a coach got removed for three matches, when it is a lie, is malicious.

Sandman, most of the time you are pretty thorough with your information.

 

Your post was irresponsible, especially starting the statement with "I know".

Sandman, most of the time you are pretty thorough with your information.

 

Your post was irresponsible, especially starting the statement with "I know".

Your correct. I got my sports and thrown out of a game's mixed up. I apologize to the Panda's and the forum. Dixie's volleyball head coach however did get carded and was out for 3 games.

 

It happened, of at all places, a JV tourney at Scott. He actually didn't even know it happened until after the weekend when he (or the schools AD, I don't remember which), received a letter from the KHSAA. It was a strange thing. The ref yellow carded him for standing during the match, because he wasn't at the captains meeting prior to the start. Then red carded him after that for coaching from the bench apparently. Play never stopped and none of our kids or parents even knew it happened.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.