Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is 2A East Already Settled?

Featured Replies

I get the sense everyone is already penciling in a Danville vs. NewCath Semi-Finals.

 

Is it already lights out for teams like Lloyd Memorial, LCA, Walton-Verona, Somerset, Shelby Valley, Pburg, and Leslie County? Is the gap too wide between Danville and NewCath to the rest of their region?

 

If so, who will represent the East in Bowling Green, the Breds or the Ads?

I think Shelby Valley is the one team in the East that could knock off either Danville or NewCath. I know NewCath went down last year and throttled them, but I wouldn't be surprised if Shelby Valley returned that favor this year. So I would throw Shelby Valley in the mix with NewCath and Danville to represent in BG. I think those 3 have separated themselves from the rest, but I could be wrong.

I think Shelby Valley is the one team in the East that could knock off either Danville or NewCath. I know NewCath went down last year and throttled them, but I wouldn't be surprised if Shelby Valley returned that favor this year. So I would throw Shelby Valley in the mix with NewCath and Danville to represent in BG. I think those 3 have separated themselves from the rest, but I could be wrong.

 

If Shelby Valley can't throw, they can't beat the other two. The steps that that team would have taken to improve over last year would be like night and day. Add to that that NewCath is much better than last year, and Danville is a completely different animal, and I don't see it.

  • Author
If Shelby Valley can't throw, they can't beat the other two. The steps that that team would have taken to improve over last year would be like night and day. Add to that that NewCath is much better than last year, and Danville is a completely different animal, and I don't see it.

 

With respect, Belfry didn't throw against NewCath and beat them

 

Now with that said, Shelby Valley is not Belfry.

If Shelby Valley can't throw, they can't beat the other two. The steps that that team would have taken to improve over last year would be like night and day. Add to that that NewCath is much better than last year, and Danville is a completely different animal, and I don't see it.

 

I didn't say it was gonna happen. BUT if there was one team aside from NCC/Danville, IMO it would be Shelby Valley.

With respect, Belfry didn't throw against NewCath and beat them

 

Now with that said, Shelby Valley is not Belfry.

 

Exactly.

  • Author
I didn't say it was gonna happen. BUT if there was one team aside from NCC/Danville, IMO it would be Shelby Valley.

 

I think Shelby Valley is flying under the radar and if I were Danville I would take note.

 

Keep in mind this is a team with 9 starters back each way who actually won Region 4 last year.

 

With that said, I kind of think Shelby Valley has leveled off and are maximizing their talent. They are a team with great size... and with hard nosed kids.. but do not have a lot of team speed whatsoever or much depth. Danville seems to be tremendously improved. I think Danville has earned the right to be the favorite, but Shelby Valley is the kind of team that if Danville doesn't take them as serious, especially on a cold November night, that might jump up and get them.

NCC is going to have to find an offense to get that far.

  • Author
NCC is going to have to find an offense to get that far.

 

With Smith healthy I think they have the best offensive team in the East currently.

 

Danville isn't exactly lighting up the scoreboard themselves

 

Say what you will... but there is no Ocath on that side of the bracket.

I think Shelby Valley is flying under the radar and if I were Danville I would take note.

 

Keep in mind this is a team with 9 starters back each way who actually won Region 4 last year.

 

With that said, I kind of think Shelby Valley has leveled off and are maximizing their talent. They are a team with great size... and with hard nosed kids.. but do not have a lot of team speed whatsoever or much depth. Danville seems to be tremendously improved. I think Danville has earned the right to be the favorite, but Shelby Valley is the kind of team that if Danville doesn't take them as serious, especially on a cold November night, that might jump up and get them.

 

I think SV and Danville will win their districts but I think you are accurate. Danville is on the rise and SV has leveled off. SV had a very good team last year but they also had the perfect alignment where they had home field thru the playoffs. If they win out SV would have to travel to Danville for the regional final. I think that is the deciding factor that puts Danville out in front.

Danville 42-19 SV

I think a lot can be said tomorrow night when SV and P'Burg go at it. That could be a deciding factor as well.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.