Shelby County 56 North Bullitt 7

Randy Parker

Not a surprising score, really. If you look at Shelby's record last year, that might be a little shocking, but I've seen the Rockets this season and am very impressed with Shipley's team. He's got a stable of very talented runners, and a veteran defense. Not sure how strong the passing game is going to be, but it looks they may not have to depend on the pass too much.

I'm not from Shelby County, but I spent two years as the radio "voice of the Rockets" back in the 1990s...I've known Shipley since he arrived - he's one of the truly "good guys" in the game and I hope he continues to do well. The Rockets will have their work cut out for them - that district (Franklin County, Spencer County, Collins, Shelby County, and North Oldham) looks brutal top to bottom.

Was a great game by Shelby County. It was the first time North Bullitt has not been able to run the ball this year. The weather definitely helped their game plan (bring everyone and force NB to pass). But it is obvious that they are a well coached team and should make some noise in 4A come playoff time. Don't know who that district cross over is with, but the #1 and #2 seed in the cross over district aren't being done any favors!