St Henry 3 Ryle 0

vblover

Ok, I know some people on here have thought Cooper has been the biggest surprise/disappointment. What in the world is going on at Ryle? Some on here were arguing that they'd give NDA a run for their money when the TX transfer came to town. Results are not making sense when compared to personnel and expectations.

From an outsider's perspective, it seems like a team chemistry issue, not a talent issue. Potential is there, they just gotta play together.

That's exactly it, not playing together was what was relayed to me this morning. Likewise though, with the talent they have, they are not playing to it.

That's exactly it, not playing together was what was relayed to me this morning. Likewise though, with the talent they have, they are not playing to it.

I guess the question is will they be playing together before post-season comes around? You could go 0-35 for the regular season and still win the state championship. Maybe they will turn things around. Who knows.

I guess the question is will they be playing together before post-season comes around? You could go 0-35 for the regular season and still win the state championship. Maybe they will turn things around. Who knows.

TRUE, to me the regular season means ABSOLUTELY nothing, I'm not worried about wins and losses during the regular season. I'd rather have players prepared for when they are needed, especially for the post-season.

:idunno: Don't ask me though, I'm just a softball guy.....I'm just getting new to this sport. :lol2:

Not sure why a Ryle loss to St Henry is disappointing. Until a couple years ago, Ryle had never beaten St. Henry. St. Henry is senior heavy this year. Ryle is young.

Ryle lost a ton to graduation. AshelyBush - leader, setter , hitter

Butler twins - 3 year varsity starters. Great personalities. Did their jobs with no glory.

Erica Kohayne (sp?) - another 3 year varsity starter.

That is a lot to replace.

Edited by endoftime
Spelling

Ryle had higher preseason rankings and expectations compared to three teams that they've lost to pretty convincingly, including St Henry.

St Henry also hasn't been great in the early season. They have an unexpected loss to Beechwood and a closer than expected match against Cooper to name a few. Cooper played St Henry much closer than Ryle if we want to compare.

TRUE, to me the regular season means ABSOLUTELY nothing, I'm not worried about wins and losses during the regular season. I'd rather have players prepared for when they are needed, especially for the post-season.

:idunno: Don't ask me though, I'm just a softball guy.....I'm just getting new to this sport. :lol2:

Is it just me or does Ryle always seem to have coaching issues in almost every sport.

Is it just me or does Ryle always seem to have coaching issues in almost every sport.
IMO I'm not sure Ryle volleyball has a coaching issue. Team chemistry is a beast that is harder to fix. You could have the best coach in the world but if you're team can't play together, it won't matter.

Head coach just had a baby. They have some fill in coaches but Coach Lovins hasn't been there for a couple weeks. Again, I'm not sure what the big mystery is. Ryle lost a lot and didn't have much on the bench last year. Junior class is very weak besides a couple players. Yes the Texas middle helped but she is not going to "carry a team", not yet, she's a sophomore. I think people need to quit sniffing for trouble and just realize who Ryle has on the team and be realistic.

They have two major NCAA Division I prospects, two very athletic and capable OHs, and a libero that plays at the high, open level in club. On paper, some folks believe they should be more successful. I tend to agree with those expectations.