2A Green County at 4A Taylor County

Who wins 2A Green County at 4A Taylor County?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins 2A Green County at 4A Taylor County?

I believe Green runs away with this one easily. I have been impressed with the Dragon ground game thus far, especially the big play potential of Matney and Brewer. The real question is what will the TC faithful think when the legendary Dudley Hilton is handed a 0-4 start after showing some promise after last year's finish?

I believe Green runs away with this one easily. I have been impressed with the Dragon ground game thus far, especially the big play potential of Matney and Brewer. The real question is what will the TC faithful think when the legendary Dudley Hilton is handed a 0-4 start after showing some promise after last year's finish?

Excellent question. What's your opinion on that? I can see scenarios where he stays or gets the boot.

Since he started 0-3, and has the real potential to go 0-4, I've been really wondering what the TC inner circle thinks of their situation. I'm sure they are paying him enough to not be 0-3.

I wouldn't be surprised with anything from them right now. If he loses to Green, and is fired by Monday. If he poops the bed the rest of the season and "retires." If he limps through the season and is on the sidelines for TC again next year. I feel like any of those are possible. But I'm just not sure which one is the most probable.

I think if he somehow went 0-10 up to 3-7, he might not be back next year. I think if he manages to get a few wins here and there, and limps into the playoffs and maybe is a little scary for a team that they shouldn't be with, I'd say TC will try and keep him around. But I think his 2nd full year will be the make or break year.

With all of that said, nothing would please me more than for him to lose Friday, next Friday and every other Friday he's a coach.

I think Green wins by 24. At least.

I fully expect Duds to be gone after this year. 0-4 is inevitable and finishing 1-9 or 2-8 is not at all out of the question. Taylor was not at all the most talented team around this summer or pre season but the kids they have are better than this record and this coach. He may have been the cats meow back when the Charleston was the go to move but that time has long come and gone. Green will leave no doubt in the minds or cardinal fans and players that Dudley is no longer the answer to any question, ever. Green by 21

Excellent question. What's your opinion on that? I can see scenarios where he stays or gets the boot.

Excellent question. As far as the team goes, they are not horrible. Both the Adair and cville games were close halfway through the 4th quarter. Barren was a 12-6 loss. After Adair, Dudley blamed it on lack of conditioning. That is plausible. After Barren he said the boys didn't want it. They do seem to be getting better every week. It looks like the hardest part of the schedule will be over this week. After Green they get Larue and the district games. The district games look favorable. The toughest looks to be East Jessamine. It is not unrealistic for them to finish second in the district. That would give them a first round home game in the playoffs. In that scenario Dudley stays. The one thing that none of us have control over is politics. His hire was highly political. The super and Duds go way back. He is from Washington county originally and then after "retiring for health reasons at UPike" he was going to relax for the remainder of the season last year and then take over at Marion county this year. The Taylor super saw an opening and took it. It is interesting that in the process the super made himself an assistant coach. He was on the sideline or in the box every game with Dudley last year. This year I have only seen him on the sideline at the cville game. That is the political side of it that most at TC do not like. Unfortunately for the Dudley haters, TC has never been a football powerhouse. So even if Dudley doesn't win a state championship this year, it would take a lot for him to go. Rumor has it that when he was hired Duds told super that it would take 5 years to get a potential contender team together. It has only been one year at this point. But don't despair, the one wild card in this scenario is basketball. The success that TC has had in basketball may put pressure on Dudley to win sooner rather than later. Oh and don't forget Dudley's KHSAA transgressions. Those are really the only situations where I see Dudley not being at TC.

Only way TC becomes a serious contender, or just a force in their area for that matter, is to steal a page from the basketball team and bring in a TON of talented players. Not out of the realm of possibilities, but with the probation issues they better tread lightly. I think Dudley will realize soon he isn't going to have the same level of success at TC and gets out.