Trinity 31 Male 13 (JV)

All Tell

Who knows. I've heard people say that this soph and jr class are down but the frosh are loaded. I'll see them Thursday. I've been saying for 3 years that Male's Sr. class this year was the best group of freshmen that I'd ever seen including the Trinity class that had Quick, White, Dawkins et al. They did things as a freshman team (no huddle, play checks on the line etc.) that I've seen good varsity teams not do well.

I've also said that from a talent standpoint Male should have 2 rings so I don't know how the talent level of any class will translate into results on the field.

AT and everyone for that matter, does this game tell us anything about the next couple of years or is the result a non-factor?

Yes. A Male staffer let me know the Bulldogs play many top reserves at the JV level. They agree with Trinity's philosophy of not letting talented juniors sit for a full season. That being said, the Rocks looked like the talent pool is there for success the next few seasons as long as they buy into the system.

One thing that has been consistent with Male the past few years has been strong offensive line play. The JV Dogs have work to do. Playmakers all around and Tight End McCauley might be something special. The defense played ok and scored a pick six. Male really struggled tackling Harper. The offense never found a rhythm after driving all the way down the field on their first drive only to miss the field goal.

I don't think this is any indication of what will happen with the Varsity game. I'm also interested to see the Freshman contest Thursday.