Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trinity 31 Male 13 (JV)

Featured Replies

AT and everyone for that matter, does this game tell us anything about the next couple of years or is the result a non-factor?

It says a little bit about Next yr. 2017 class the only class at Male that was not undefeated as freshman.

  • Author

Who knows. I've heard people say that this soph and jr class are down but the frosh are loaded. I'll see them Thursday. I've been saying for 3 years that Male's Sr. class this year was the best group of freshmen that I'd ever seen including the Trinity class that had Quick, White, Dawkins et al. They did things as a freshman team (no huddle, play checks on the line etc.) that I've seen good varsity teams not do well.

 

I've also said that from a talent standpoint Male should have 2 rings so I don't know how the talent level of any class will translate into results on the field.

Maybe Male plays all their talented JV players on the varsity? Didn't this Male JV team go undefeated as freshman?

AT and everyone for that matter, does this game tell us anything about the next couple of years or is the result a non-factor?

Yes. A Male staffer let me know the Bulldogs play many top reserves at the JV level. They agree with Trinity's philosophy of not letting talented juniors sit for a full season. That being said, the Rocks looked like the talent pool is there for success the next few seasons as long as they buy into the system.

One thing that has been consistent with Male the past few years has been strong offensive line play. The JV Dogs have work to do. Playmakers all around and Tight End McCauley might be something special. The defense played ok and scored a pick six. Male really struggled tackling Harper. The offense never found a rhythm after driving all the way down the field on their first drive only to miss the field goal.

 

I don't think this is any indication of what will happen with the Varsity game. I'm also interested to see the Freshman contest Thursday.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.