Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Knott County Central Coach steps down

Featured Replies

Since you know so much, please inform Coach Beder ...He's not aware he won't be here in 2007. Better yet Coach is at Fieldhouse everyday go by and talk to him and let him set you straight! You have no clue!

 

He already knows. I don't have to walk by there.

 

BTW, you're not going to give me the nod on my prediction on Feltner? I was right. :thumb:

  • Replies 45
  • Views 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bottom line is that Feltner left. KCC is in need of a new basketball coach. And who is it going to be? They'll need someone that can put up with all the stuff that goes on and be happy with it.

 

Knott had the right man, but let him get away.

Bottom line is that Feltner left. KCC is in need of a new basketball coach. And who is it going to be? They'll need someone that can put up with all the stuff that goes on and be happy with it.

 

Knott had the right man, but let him get away.

 

Apparently you aren't aware of the the productivity at Knott Central both in academics (which is more important) and athletics. Read the quotes - the position must first be advertised within the system for 10 days. I would advise you to take heed to Pat Man's logic. I believe he attends most athletic events - even as many basketball, football and BASEBALL than most fans and even parents. This will be a rebuilding year for the basketball team just as it was for the football team last year. Guess what? Beder will the the Patriots to the PLAYOFFS and he is here to stay. Yes, I remember the post where you said that Feltner would be gone. Two losses in the first round of the district tourney. Need I say more??? I won't lose this post. Again take Pat Man's advice. He won't be wrong...............;)

Apparently you aren't aware of the the productivity at Knott Central both in academics (which is more important) and athletics. Read the quotes - the position must first be advertised within the system for 10 days. I would advise you to take heed to Pat Man's logic. I believe he attends most athletic events - even as many basketball, football and BASEBALL than most fans and even parents. This will be a rebuilding year for the basketball team just as it was for the football team last year. Guess what? Beder will the the Patriots to the PLAYOFFS and he is here to stay. Yes, I remember the post where you said that Feltner would be gone. Two losses in the first round of the district tourney. Need I say more??? I won't lose this post. Again take Pat Man's advice. He won't be wrong...............;)

I am well aware of their "productivity" in academics and athletics. And I could care less about someone's logic. Thing about all of this is that these kids deserve more than they are getting. And mostly it's just like basketball practice, run around the gym. I hope Beder stays and has a great career at KCC. But, the odds are against him. 2 and your out. I believe I said before that the girls former coach, Gibson, was there for a while. He didn't see instant success. It took time. And what did Rhett do. I beleive a few district championships, a region championship, and a trip to the state. You can't build anything in a couple of years and expect a team towin the region in a snap. You have to build, the coach has to get the feel of the program.

 

Academics is the most important thing in these kids lives. And sometimes they learn from sports. Read the PM I sent you and you will see where academics is in these people's eyes. I grow very tired of this thread. I"m finished with it. :thumb:

  • Author

Have they named a coach yet? I haven't heard anyone say anything about it around here in a while.

All that is come from this is a few happy and a whole lot sad Neal Feltner was like a father to every single player that played for him he didnt want nothing but the best for his players on and off the basketball court now he is gone and we the people of knott county are the ones to blame he worked his hind end off for this county to get knott central back where they were 15 years ago . I hope who ever they get could be only half the person or coach as the one who was there before him .

i thought that Neal Feltner was a good coach and do not understand how a school system could let him go. They will not be able to get a coach as good as he was back because who wants to come there for two years and then get let go...

Kcc is nothing but a big ole joke. I can remember when i was proud to say i was from Knott County there needs to be something done ....... fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! why sould we let a legacy that means so much to the people just go down the drain its something far more important that the crazy stuff thats been going on, I just hope we can turn this thing around before its too late if its already not.

  • Author
i thought that Neal Feltner was a good coach and do not understand how a school system could let him go. They will not be able to get a coach as good as he was back because who wants to come there for two years and then get let go...

 

 

You really do have a point there. But the best of wishes go towards who ever has gets the job/has the job.

Perhaps everyone should look at the record of summer basketball. I heard that the team did very well in both the Georgetown camp and the Belfry camp.

  • Author
Perhaps everyone should look at the record of summer basketball. I heard that the team did very well in both the Georgetown camp and the Belfry camp.

 

 

KCC did very good in the Georgetown camp that I know of. Lets just pray they can keep this up and prove everyone wrong. Lets just pray the coach they get(unless they already have named someone that I don't know about) stays at the Complex longer than 2 years!

Well i i thought Kcc did fantastic winning the perry county one and doing fantastic in all the others back in 2005 but thats just me .

  • Author
Well i i thought Kcc did fantastic winning the perry county one and doing fantastic in all the others back in 2005 but thats just me .

 

 

I am sure you do! And by the way last year doesn't count towards this years team!

I am sure you do! And by the way last year doesn't count towards this years team!

 

 

Maybe so but they were winning !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.