Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Conner 2015-16

Featured Replies

Basketball season for 2015/2016 should provide another exciting year. What should we expect from Conner? Remember, please be constructive.

I think Conner is gonna surprise some people this year. I look for a much better season than last year.

Conner has a lot of very good young talent. They play hard and never give up. They will surprise anyone who overlooks them.

It will be nice to get Hunter Hendricks back.

 

I'd expect this team to have MUCH better chemistry than last year.

I expect a monster year from Hunter!

I expect a monster year from Hunter!

 

I hope so. Felt horrible for her last year. Is she back to strength and ready to go?

 

I hope so. Felt horrible for her last year. Is she back to strength and ready to go?

 

My understanding after talking with Coach Stamm is that Hunter is going at full speed is looking very good. She should have a big year for the Cougars

My understanding after talking with Coach Stamm is that Hunter is going at full speed is looking very good. She should have a big year for the Cougars

 

That really is great news! I hope she has a outstanding senior season and they will make some noise with her back and their young talent. I wish them the best...except in a couple games this year!

My understanding after talking with Coach Stamm is that Hunter is going at full speed is looking very good. She should have a big year for the Cougars

 

I saw her play in a June scrimmage. It was great to see her back on the court! And she looked well over her injury even then. Looked like her old self playing D and hitting threes!

For what it's worth, here's my assesment of Conner this year....

 

Looks like they should have plenty of senior leadership...lots of hustle and hard work out of that senior class frankly. They are pretty thin in the frontcourt...backcourt is loaded. They have a junior (last name is Duncan) that is a pretty good post player, but they usually don't feed the post all that well. Would be nice to see them pair Hendricks on that side for more of an inside-out game between those two. Hendricks will be a nice addition back for this team...really has nice form on her shot and she can light it up.

 

They really lack size and aren't a strong rebounding team, so that can hurt them against teams with size (Ryle). They're a team that can fall in love with the 3 pt line and it costs them at times. They do look like a decent defensive team, so that may help their offense generate easier transition baskets. They should be much improved over last year, but they're in a tough district! Good luck to the Cougars!

For what it's worth, here's my assesment of Conner this year....

 

Looks like they should have plenty of senior leadership...lots of hustle and hard work out of that senior class frankly. They are pretty thin in the frontcourt...backcourt is loaded. They have a junior (last name is Duncan) that is a pretty good post player, but they usually don't feed the post all that well. Would be nice to see them pair Hendricks on that side for more of an inside-out game between those two. Hendricks will be a nice addition back for this team...really has nice form on her shot and she can light it up.

 

They really lack size and aren't a strong rebounding team, so that can hurt them against teams with size (Ryle). They're a team that can fall in love with the 3 pt line and it costs them at times. They do look like a decent defensive team, so that may help their offense generate easier transition baskets. They should be much improved over last year, but they're in a tough district! Good luck to the Cougars!

 

If I have the choice between only having strong guards or strong inside players I take strong guards 101 out of 100 times.

Conner host Walton-Verona in a F, JV, and V scrimmage this Thursday. Looking forward to seeing some old friends and watching the Cougars play.

If I have the choice between only having strong guards or strong inside players I take strong guards 101 out of 100 times.

 

True, but most coaches would prefer to have somewhat more of a balance. It also depends on your definition of "strong" guards...I probably should have qualified that they're "loaded" in the backcourt with numbers. Not to say that they're not talented, just have a lot of players that do the same thing in that group. For example, they lack a slasher/scorer at the 3.

 

I think they're going to have a pretty good season...just saying that it's a tough district for them to get out of.

 

Thanks for the discussion! Love to talk hoops!!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.