Places to swim??

FeelingGood

I think you will struggle to find somewhere to swim sans-membership that isn't going to cost an arm and a leg.

Where exactly are you located? I am a US masters swim coach and can probably help you out a little. I recommend finding a local masters group to swim with.

We just had 13 athletes compete in a sprint this past weekend and 8 of them had podium finishes -- including one overall podium. Of the five that didn't podium three were doing their first triathlon ever.

All of our athletes have set swim PR's this year.

I believe only Scott also but being a public school you would think the public would have some access to. :-)

Russell County HS has their own pool. Appropriate for the area, it seems. It's a very nice facility that regularly hosts region meets.

Good luck on your triathlon! I'm thinking a school isn't going to let you come into their facilities. On that note, how many schools have their own swimming pool? The only one I know of is Scott H.S.

Newport catholic has one on the roof. It used to be that Every new freshman was told so.

There don't seem to be many high schools in this state that have pools, so I'd imagine you will have a hard time finding one that isn't already booked up. Ashland has a pool but when Ashland isn't using it generally one of the other local schools that have swim teams are.