Who is the Far West Favorite in Class 3A?

gchs_uk9

For the sake of this thread I am asking about Class 3A-Region I. One of these teams will be playing on Thanksgiving and it will be a home game. Here are the teams:

District 1 – Caldwell County, Fort Campbell, Paducah Tilghman, Trigg County, Union County

District 2 – Adair County, Edmonson County, Elizabethtown, Hart County, LaRue County

Before the season started Paducah Tilghman was the highest ranked and they still are. But both Caldwell County and Elizabethtown seem very strong and Adair County looks good again. Even Union County and Hart County have had nice starts to their season.

Who do you think is the best team among this group?

Tilghman is still the favorite in my mind, and Caldwell is the best guess to challenge them and Etown has a shot.

For me, right now I would say the probability is...

Tilghman 45%

Caldwell 35%

Etown 20%

Of course, two games does not a season make. I may change my mind a few times before November rolls around. :D

Plain and simple the second and third round playoff games will be FUN and RAUCOUS for sure in this region, but there could be some interesting first round games as well. In District 1 Caldwell and PT should be #1 and #2 and hosting, but after Hart WILL NOT be a pushover 3 seed for sure from what I've heard this season. I'm interested to see how they match-up with Etown and Adair.

Vice versa, Etown and Adair are locks as 1 and 2 in that district, but keep in mind Union, Trigg, or even Ft. Campbell will be rolling into town for a first round game for those teams. It would not shock me one bit to see upsets in the 2 vs. 3 games in this region.

Adair is a mystery.

I loathe their schedule for a team with as much experience as they have..especially after seeing what happened to them last year with a soft schedule when they finally stepped up to play South Warren.

I honestly would have considered Adair a darkhorse in the playoffs but I am not sure they are going to be prepared when they see a team like Caldwell or Tilghman and the level of speed and skill. It's pretty bad when possibly the ebst Non-District team you play is Kentucky Country Day.

It's pretty bad when possibly the ebst Non-District team you play is Kentucky Country Day.

On the other hand with Adair, they have had one really successful year and this year should be #2 . I have no idea if they will suffer a talent lapse next season. If so, then the schedule might be more understandable. Also, the non-district opponents are nearly all fairly local (Taylor, Caverna, Metcalfe, Russell, and Casey) and existing rivalries.