Spirit Banners/Posters At Games

Colonels_Wear_Blue

Sports teams at CCH have been told that no banners may be hung.....including senior picture banner.....even just during the games

This post got me to thinking about them. What are some other people's opinions about these posters and banners?

Does anyone actually play harder or have more team spirit because of the banners and posters at a game?

Does having a 4' tall banner with a professionally taken picture of player standing with their arms folded and all tough-looking ever potentially go to a person's head and inflate their ego?

Are they just for fun and who cares anyway?

I only ask because it seems like spirit banners and posters seem to me like they're generally nothing but useless white noise - until someone makes one in "bad taste" and someone else starts whining about them

I only ask because it seems like spirit banners and posters seem to me like they're generally nothing but useless white noise - until someone makes one in "bad taste" and someone else starts whining about them

Interesting point. You never hear about the banners that people enjoyed and thought were very tasteful at a game :lol2: