Bryan Station 51 Ryle 20 (Scrimmage)

Sounds competitive.

How did Station look to you vs. past scrimmages and how many years have the two teams been scrimmaging if you know?

Their Qb was hot or cold throwing the ball, first half he was literally throwing the ball two yards short of the receivers a lot, the ball would skip on the turf to them. He does much better when things break down and he just lets it rip. Do not let the Station slot receivers get inside of their defender off the ball, that is the key to their passing game, if they complete it they are ripping off big yards. Take away the bubble, slants, and quick hitches, I think teams are scared to walk up on them because they are fast but I don't think the Qb can throw the ball effectively enough down field, especially outside the hashes.

Station defense, a 3-4, kept the olb's up tight to the line giving the quick hitches and bubbles to Ryle. I assume they were doing this to stop England and the run game. After about two series, I think they realized they could move the olb's out over the slots because their front five were more than Ryle could handle up front. But the odd thing was Ryle didn't run the ball well until they got inside the 10yd line.

Station looked pretty good and have a good balance of size, speed, and physicalness.

One constant with Ryle, they will hit you on defense! Also, on offense one play the Ryle rb(can't remember who) met a Station lb unblocked in the hole filling it hard and fast....well, if their was still "Jacked Up" on ESPN, the Station lb would have been one of their highlights caused he got ejected...had to leave the game!

Score was 20-13 Ryle at the half. We were playing 4 differect running backs subbing every three plays. We really never developed a continuity running the ball. Because it's a scrimmage the coach obviously wanted to play alot of kids to get tape. We didn't play as far as coaching with only winning as the goal. We were subbing two's as early as the 1st quarter. Reread the update posts. Morgan, moved well in the pocket. Made some great throws, some good ones, some not so good ones. It's HS football. The passing game will do well this year. Once we play the whole first team in game conditions you will see the strength of our running attack. The D was putting pads on flesh and played with no fear. Win lose or draw Ryle is not going to be anyone's cupcake. You will know your playing us when you feel it. We play hard nosed smash mouth football on both sides of the ball. can't wait for the REAL season to start.