Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Garrard vs Southwestern August 13th (scrimmage)

Featured Replies

This game will be played at Centre College's field around 6:30. I'm sure it will be great for both teams to get to hit someone not wearing the same helmet as themselves. Should be fun.

Two teams with lofty expectations.

 

Should be played at a pretty high level.

Should be a good barometer for Garrard.

 

I am not sure I would put Southwestern on the same level as Boyle or LexCath..but they are not far off it. Should really let them get a good grasp of where their baseline is.

@gchs_uk9

 

Thoughts?

 

Who knows. Probably depends on how they approach the game. I'm guessing it should give a pretty good test to the new front line since Southwestern always has good size.

Looking forward to some in depth reports on this one.

From what I heard second hand on this Southwestern worked Garrard over pretty well.

 

Southwestern really mixed it up well and the Edwards kid had some big yardage chunks running it.

 

Garrard really struggled to move the ball on Offense against Southwestern's D-Line.

 

Form what I was told it was something like 4 Scores to 0 in the varsity portion.

All correct. Garrard's biggest question mark going into this season is line play (graduated several from that unit last year) and developing depth on the line. It appeared 8 different kids played significant snaps on the line and often in different positions. So it was trial and error.

 

Defensively, I didn't think Garrard played too bad but there were two personal foul penalties on third-and-longs that Garrard had stopped, which allowed Southwestern to keep the ball. They scored on both. Garrard also fumbled once on their own 15 yard line which gave Southwestern a short field and they scored. Credit Southwestern, but without those types of mistakes maybe the score is closer.

 

I really liked what I saw from Southwestern. I think they will have a really nice year. Good size, solid quarterback play from both kids (sorry, I didn't have a roster to get names), and the Edwards kid at running back was very impressive.

Can someone breakdown who the key position kids are for both teams....QB, WR, RB, LB and any key linemen

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.