Garrard vs Southwestern August 13th (scrimmage)

From what I heard second hand on this Southwestern worked Garrard over pretty well.

Southwestern really mixed it up well and the Edwards kid had some big yardage chunks running it.

Garrard really struggled to move the ball on Offense against Southwestern's D-Line.

Form what I was told it was something like 4 Scores to 0 in the varsity portion.

All correct. Garrard's biggest question mark going into this season is line play (graduated several from that unit last year) and developing depth on the line. It appeared 8 different kids played significant snaps on the line and often in different positions. So it was trial and error.

Defensively, I didn't think Garrard played too bad but there were two personal foul penalties on third-and-longs that Garrard had stopped, which allowed Southwestern to keep the ball. They scored on both. Garrard also fumbled once on their own 15 yard line which gave Southwestern a short field and they scored. Credit Southwestern, but without those types of mistakes maybe the score is closer.

I really liked what I saw from Southwestern. I think they will have a really nice year. Good size, solid quarterback play from both kids (sorry, I didn't have a roster to get names), and the Edwards kid at running back was very impressive.