Louisville and Surrounding Area Top 10 Power Rankings 7-29-15

Bert

I am curious to hear as to why Ballard "seems to have supplanted" Manual. Manual has beaten Ballard 6 of the last 7 games including twice in the playoffs.

I don't disagree with you, villecoach (except a bit on your win-loss stats).

We must do a better job head-to-head against you for us to be ranked ahead I feel too (though you're a little off in that you've won 5 of last 7 and only knocked us out of playoffs ONCE in last 7 years). Was proud of how well our kids played against you last year as huge underdogs despite our starting qb out for disciplinary reasons (you guys were out a 'pretty decent' running back too, of course), but still didn't get it done.

Totally agree with you nonetheless. You guys should definitely have the spot we occupy til we're able to do better where it counts on the field against you. If for no other reason, you've done so well against Male.

I concur with the sentiments about Central Hardin as well.

Got to another level with a pass-happy offense, then new coach comes in with a more run-first attack and didn't miss a beat. That's pretty impressive and shows DISCIPLINED, COACHABLE kids.

I don't disagree with you, villecoach (except a bit on your win-loss stats).

We must do a better job head-to-head against you for us to be ranked ahead I feel too (though you're a little off in that you've won 5 of last 7 and only knocked us out of playoffs ONCE in last 7 years). Was proud of how well our kids played against you last year as huge underdogs despite our starting qb out for disciplinary reasons (you guys were out a 'pretty decent' running back too, of course), but still didn't get it done.

Totally agree with you nonetheless. You guys should definitely have the spot we occupy til we're able to do better where it counts on the field against you. If for no other reason, you've done so well against Male.

Thanks for clearing up stats, I was too lazy to look it up!

• 2 weeks later...

CAL could very easily be the reigning back-to-back 2-A champs. They have had a 1-1 record against DeSales three years in a row. Unfortunately for them, that includes three regular season wins and three playoff losses. From what I understand, they lost a solid QB and their leading rusher. Defense should still be strong, but offense has questions to answer - much like DeSales.

DeSales scrimmaged Meade County the last two years and won easily both times, including a 23-0 drubbing in 2013, the year Meade County ended up in the 6-A finals. The Colts also beat 5-A John Hardin that year, who would have won 5-A except for the steamroller that was Bolwing Green on their way to 40-something (50-something?) wins in a row.

The only team I think you are off on is Central.

What has CAL done to deserve ranking ahead of them? For that matter isn't the same critique with Central valid for DeSales?

Central has defeated some of the Jefferson County 6A teams over the years.. neither DeSales or CAL can make that statement.

So, only speaking to the "what has CAL done?" portion of this: CAL defeated Eastern High School (6A) 45-10 in 2014 and Central beat them 38-0. Granted the point differential is still 3 points in Central's favor, but CAL pulled starters in the 3rd quarter. And to top that off, DeSales beat CAL 7-6 in the playoffs (which was more than likely the championship game played 3 weeks early for 2A.

So I would say...your 6A argument is unfounded and a 2A school beating a 6A versus a 3A beating that same 6A is about equal, maybe a bit more impressive. But it is really just a guess at this point, no one has hit anyone yet.

Either way, that is what CAL has done and eventually what DeSales did.