American bombers bombing American vehicles

5 STAR

That's right folks.

President Obama admits he still doesn't have a plan to battle ISIS. The plan, so far, is to bomb the American tanks, hum-vee's and everything else that ISIS took from the Araq's because they were cowards. We are talking tens of thousands just in tanks and hum-vee's. Then after they are destroyed, we will send Iraq more of the same things that they need to fight ISIS, ABC reports.

How are the bombers to know if it's ISIS or Americans driving those vehicles?

WOW!!! :popcorn:

Is there a link to a story so I can figure out what you are talking about?

Sorry I don't have a link. It was on ABC World News Tonight this evening. They actually showed a clip of the US Bomber aiming at a US vehicle, they believed the vehicle was taken from Iraq's army(one of ours) and being driven by ISIS. ABC 9 News @ 6:30.

Hope that helps.

If nobody else saw the news and this story, I must have had a senior moment. Lord, I'm too young for that.

The basis of this story is that Iraq surrendered most of the equipment or lost most of the American equipment given to them by the US. to ISIS. Now the US wants to destroy the US stuff that ISIS has. Then the US has plans to train Iraq soldiers again, and replace the tanks and hum-vee's for Iraq to use against ISIS again.

Thanks Clyde.

If nobody else saw the news and this story, I must have had a senior moment. Lord, I'm too young for that.

The basis of this story is that Iraq surrendered most of the equipment or lost most of the American equipment given to them by the US. to ISIS. Now the US wants to destroy the US stuff that ISIS has. Then the US has plans to train Iraq soldiers again, and replace the tanks and hum-vee's for Iraq to use against ISIS again.

Thanks Clyde.

I tried to find a link on ABC News site but couldn't.

I did see this story. Essentially the equipment that we provided the Iraqi Army to bolster their ability to fight for themselves was left behind as they were run out of various cities across the country.

To answer the "how do we know" question: The targets are specifically identified by forward observers and any spooks we have loitering around the towns. Since we know that the Isis has overrun certain areas, anything left is essentially a free fire area, so the rules of engagement are modified.

I am pretty confident that our eyes on the ground have ID'd all the equipment and I wouldn't be surprised if the strikes involved drones to bring that equipment to a halt.

From US troops who have come home, their assessment of Iraqi soldiers is not that great, no will to fight, and often flee at the first gun fire. The troops with guts and fight with real courage unfortunately are Isis and others like them.