Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Russell Allen to the University of Detroit Mercy!!!!

Featured Replies

Russell Allen big man from Bourbon County High School is to visit the school on thursday were he is expected to give them his commitment and the the date for him to sign will be set. Congrats to Russell and his family!!!!!

Is this Divison 1?

I believe they are. I want to say they played UC or UofL this year.

I think he will be a project at this level, but if he keeps working hard to stay in shape he has a chance to eventually play. Good luck and congrats!

Detroit is a D-1 school in the Horizon League (almost positive), and they have a coach that has been there for years, I just cannot think of his name at the moment...

 

Russell is a great kid, but he will be a project. He didn't have a tremendous senior season, (he wasn't the best big man in the 10th), but he's been pretty good for three years at Bourbon....

 

Here's to Russell doing well at the next level, should be interesting....

Really makes you wonder when a kid doesn't get invited to the Kentucky-Indiana all-star tryouts (in a weak class, to boot) and still signs with a Division I program.

Really makes you wonder when a kid doesn't get invited to the Kentucky-Indiana all-star tryouts (in a weak class, to boot) and still signs with a Division I program.

 

What does it make you wonder?

Detroit Mercy is in the Horizon League. They were 16-16 this past season. 10-10 in conference. They played OK St. (Lost 90-56), Louisville (Lost 56-48), South Carolina (Lost 65-35).

 

Leading scorer last season was Junior Brandon Cotton. Averaged 18.8 ppg.

Detroit is a D-1 school in the Horizon League (almost positive), and they have a coach that has been there for years, I just cannot think of his name at the moment...

 

Russell is a great kid, but he will be a project. He didn't have a tremendous senior season, (he wasn't the best big man in the 10th), but he's been pretty good for three years at Bourbon....

 

Here's to Russell doing well at the next level, should be interesting....

 

Perry Watson

What does it make you wonder?
Makes me think that someone (or some group of people) is way off in their evaluation of him ...
Makes me think that someone (or some group of people) is way off in their evaluation of him ...

 

k, just wondering. I took it a different way.

I agree, it makes me wonder too.

 

It is kind of ironic that the Mr. Basketball in this class barely is good enough to play at some no name non-D1 school and a guy that nobody has ever heard of from Bourbon Co. signs with Detroit. Detroit is a good school, with great tradition in a good mid-major conference (much better situation here than say Morehead or Eastern). Furthermore, they have or did have Brandon Cotton on their team last year who was one of the top five players in the nation coming out of HS (who went to Mich St. and transferred halfway through freshman season).

 

Having seen this kid play several times I am really shocked he got this offer, but good for him. I think this should be more proof to some of you guys that recruiting is far from an exact science and many guys either fall victim to or benfiet from timing, situation and other random factors.

I'll admit that I was shocked, too. Since I've never seen the kid play, there isn't much more I can say about it, although it speaks volumes that he didn't even get a Kentucky-Indiana tryout invite. Maybe there was an Allen quota ...

I agree, it makes me wonder too.

 

It is kind of ironic that the Mr. Basketball in this class barely is good enough to play at some no name non-D1 school and a guy that nobody has ever heard of from Bourbon Co. signs with Detroit. Detroit is a good school, with great tradition in a good mid-major conference (much better situation here than say Morehead or Eastern). Furthermore, they have or did have Brandon Cotton on their team last year who was one of the top five players in the nation coming out of HS (who went to Mich St. and transferred halfway through freshman season).

 

Having seen this kid play several times I am really shocked he got this offer, but good for him. I think this should be more proof to some of you guys that recruiting is far from an exact science and many guys either fall victim to or benfiet from timing, situation and other random factors.

 

Cotton will be a senior

  • Author
I'll admit that I was shocked, too. Since I've never seen the kid play, there isn't much more I can say about it, although it speaks volumes that he didn't even get a Kentucky-Indiana tryout invite. Maybe there was an Allen quota ...

 

What do you mean by an "Allen quota?":confused:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.