Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

All Mighty One

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by All Mighty One

  1. Who were the D-1 prospects? Haven't followed them up until the last couple of years. Derrick Robinson (Western) was D-1, Preston Lemaster (UK)was D-1,your man Deron Brown (Morehead) is currently D-1 and Russell Allen (Detroit Mercy) is currently D-1. Are these the ones you have? Bye the way I heard Deron is on a full athletic scholarship now. If this is true good for him!:ylsuper:
  2. Who are you hearing it will be. If it is the same person I heard we may FINALLY agree on something!:thumb:
  3. Big for his britches is an UNDERSTATEMENT!
  4. Just an advocate for the underdog. I said some of the same things when EVERYONE dogged Jared Carter. He's this and he's that. He won't go any higher than NAIA etc......... Where is he now? Go Big Blue! I even defend Shaq's bad free throw percentage!:laugh: I was big, tall and awkward as a kid. Never any good at sports because I had no self confidence. So I had to settle for the business world. I can relate to the young man.
  5. Do you remember last year when you were such a Deron Brown Fan? You defended EVERYTHING that concerned him. You were the president of the Deron Brown fan club!:laugh: I am the president of the Russell Allen fan club. :laugh: Anytime someone points out a fault or short comming of any individual......It discredits them. He has a 100% graduation rate among his athletes, and has a proven track record of player developement. If he has had an indiscresion in his life lets just hope for Russell's sake that his past is just that.....HIS PAST.
  6. Allen IS a leg. 6'8 and DID NOT play to his full potential this past season. The main problen I saw him have was a lack of confidence. He seemed to be beaten down all of the time. I do think he felt the pressure of the expectations of him but did not have the skill level he needed to fufill them. Allen's job was always under the basket. Never have I seen him be told to do anything else. Elliot did have a better year and Elliott had a better game against Russell this year on paper. Did he play Russell man to man. NO. I have access to info that PROVES this. However, I won't discredit the young man for his a actions because he WAS man enough to apologize. Had he played him man to man you would have seen the same results as last year. Bottom Line! Allen IS going D-1. No need to insult the coach by indicating that he has had "serious allegations against" him to try a discredit him as far as his ability to make good choices. EVERY COACH IN THE NATION AT ONE TIME OR ANOTHER HAS PROBABLY BROKEN A RULE. He is a proven player developer and apparently see's the untapped potential Allen has. This is a wonderful opportunity for a class act young man. Not only will he get a quality education he can play D-1 basketball.
  7. Ask Pat Elliot why he had to make a formal apology to Allen after that game. :sssh: Suggest you leave this one alone before the "Boy Wonder" of Pendleton county's image is mared. Allen got the last laugh! He is going D-1 and playing for the former coach of the FAB Five. I think Perry Watson knows what he is doing. First they ignore you Then they laugh at you Then they want to fight you Then YOU WIN! Gandhi GO BIG RUSS! :ylsuper:
  8. COLLEGE HOOPS: Detroit Mercy, EMU round out recruiting BY PERRY A. FARRELL FREE PRESS SPORTS WRITER May 16, 2006 Detroit Mercy men's basketball coach Perry Watson completed his 2006 recruiting class with the signing of Russell Allen, a forward/center from Bourbon County High in Paris, Ky. Allen, who's 6-feet-8, 255 pounds, averaged 17 points and 10 rebounds per game for Bourbon County. He joins incoming freshmen Woody Payne (Ypsilanti point guard), Eulis Stephens Jr. (Detroit Southeastern guard) and Theron Washington (Cincinnati State Technical and Community College forward). "Russell has great hands and gives us an inside presence," Watson said. "He can score and get inside. We just think he's going to be a valuable asset to this class." Copyright © 2006 Detroit Free Press Inc. It is official! Best wishes to a fine young man!
  9. Russell Allen big man from Bourbon County High School is to visit the school on thursday were he is expected to give them his commitment and the the date for him to sign will be set. Congrats to Russell and his family!!!!!
  10. Bourbon County is fast on the rise look for them to upset Clark tuesday

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.