Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Slow Pitch Season

Featured Replies

This may be old news to most of those who are playing the split slow/fast season, but I just found out last night that teams whose schools have a fast pitch team don't have to play the mandatory 10 fast pitch games this season.

HOW FAIR IS THAT??????

Most teams are struggling to get in their 10 games and having to bounce back and forth between fast/slow. It's hard on the coaches, hard on the kids. They aren't learning consistantly.

We tried to schedule all fast games that first week, but due to weather, the 'best made plans' haven't worked out that way.

I just feel that if a school wants to field a slow pitch team, they have to adhere to the standards set to everyone else. If you want to play in this league, then you have to play 10 fast and 10 slow.

Anyone else?

Thanks for letting me vent...

It is very difficult to go back and forth between slow and fast pitch softball, especially at the same time. I don't believe that this if fair. While I would like to see all the schools playing fastpitch, if there is going to be a slow pitch league, then it should be soley slow pitch. Going back and forth in the same season is, IMHO, a huge mistake.

I feel for the girls that are playing slow pitch and fast pitch. Schools like Campbell County, Simon Kenton, etc. don't have to deal with this since they have separate fast pitch teams already. I hope that every team is able to get the fast pitch games in and qualify for the state tournament. That would be a shame.

This may be old news to most of those who are playing the split slow/fast season, but I just found out last night that teams whose schools have a fast pitch team don't have to play the mandatory 10 fast pitch games this season.

HOW FAIR IS THAT??????

Most teams are struggling to get in their 10 games and having to bounce back and forth between fast/slow. It's hard on the coaches, hard on the kids. They aren't learning consistantly.

We tried to schedule all fast games that first week, but due to weather, the 'best made plans' haven't worked out that way.

I just feel that if a school wants to field a slow pitch team, they have to adhere to the standards set to everyone else. If you want to play in this league, then you have to play 10 fast and 10 slow.

Anyone else?

Thanks for letting me vent...

Where did you hear that fast don't have to play 10? I was told that to play postseason, everybody had to play 10. Of course the problem would be solved if those few remaining slow pitch schools would go by state law and play fast pitch.

  • Author
Where did you hear that fast don't have to play 10? I was told that to play postseason, everybody had to play 10. Of course the problem would be solved if those few remaining slow pitch schools would go by state law and play fast pitch.

 

 

BW played Dixie Slow Pitch on Thurs. This same Dixie team has only been playing SLOW PITCH this whole season, because Dixie has a separate fast pitch team. My gripe is, BW and other small schools have had the same girls bouncing back and forth between fast and slow this season in order to qualify for the postseason. It is EXTREMELY difficult to switch back and forth, and is also UNFAIR that not all teams in the slow pitch 'league' are required to abide by the same rules.

 

I agree that slow pitch has served its time, but that isn't the issue with this thread. I was under the impression that ALL slow pitch teams had to play at least 10 fast pitch games.

 

The girls on the teams that have only been playing slow have had the opportunity to improve in that sport, albeit not learn a NEW sport. The girls that have had to trade back and forth have had their timing messed up, their heads played with (like, "can I steal, can I lead off?") every other day. There's been no growth. No learning. Only frustration.

I know Newport and Lloyd scheduled their 10 mandatory fast pitch games within the first week of the season and had a tournament at Kenton Lakes that same Saturday. It took the first couple games to make the transition but everybody should be fine by now with regionals and state within the next two weeks.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.