Adam Wainwright out for season

LRCW

Good news for the rest of the Central and NL. Let's see if any of the teams in the division can take advantage. Cards have a great organization. My guess is that they will persevere and maintain their level of excellence. Got to feel somewhat for Wainy. He seems like a really good guy.

Agree. Cardinals are the Cardinals. They will survive and prosper. Just wished some of this would rub off on that other team in the Central that wears red.

Hate to see this.

Saw Max Scherzer got hurt batting this weekend as well. The DH in both leagues is coming in the very near future IMO.

As much as I do not like the DH, I'm afraid you are correct. I think we see it within the next 5 years.

O

Beyond the huge blow this is to the Cards... I feel for Wainwright. Just a stand-up guy who wants to be on the field and win. I remember when he got his contract, during the press conference, he looked DeWitt and Mo in the eyes and said "I'll make you proud of this contract, thank you for the opportunity."

While he dealing with shoulder stiffness now, we will eventually see what Marco Gonzalez is all about. He really should of beat Carlos Martinez out for the 5th starter. Pitched big innings out of the pen last year in the playoffs and I like his composure. Also have Jaime Garcia if he can get healthy.

As for Cardinals fans who are ready to pay the kings ransom for Hammels, not so fast. Mo (during his interviews) is as calm and cool as JFK during the Cuban Missile Crisis. When asked if they will go to the trade market now to fill void he said "that's not what we do."

You're dead on about MO