Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

A great story

Featured Replies

Too bad that this turned into a legal/illegal discussion. Just sad.

 

You state in the opening post of what people may think about an immigrant, even if he is here legally. You were the first to broach the subject, by saying people think negatively of immigrants. As for me and I believe for many others,

that the negative feelings are about whether one is here legally or illegally.

 

I am all for legal immigration. I am for everyone following the letter of the law. If you do not like it, go through the Constitutional process and change the law.

  • Author
You state in the opening post of what people may think about an immigrant, even if he is here legally. You were the first to broach the subject, by saying people think negatively of immigrants. As for me and I believe for many others,

that the negative feelings are about whether one is here legally or illegally.

 

I am all for legal immigration. I am for everyone following the letter of the law. If you do not like it, go through the Constitutional process and change the law.

 

Ummm...I was the person with the opening post, not TB&G. Just don't want you assigning the conclusions I've drawn to her, as she may not have the same.

 

But I stand by my conclusions based not only on what I've read here, but what I've seen and heard expressed in person and other media sources.

  • Author
I hate to speak for RM, but I think what she may be getting at is the point that a very significant number of white Americans who see/hear someone who is "no hablo Ingles" automatically assume they're illegal scum who should be on the next boat out of the USA. That significant number I speak of generally doesn't make nuanced distinctions beyond "brown skin = illegal Mexican."

 

You state my point very well.

Thank you for pointing out my error. You may have had some personal stories related to immigration, but please realize, there are many who believe as I do, all for 'legal immigration'.

  • Author
Thank you for pointing out my error. You may have had some personal stories related to immigration, but please realize, there are many who believe as I do, all for 'legal immigration'.

 

You're missing the point I'm trying to make. It isn't about illegal vs legal immigration. It's about the perceptions of immigrants in this country. Pereceptions and assumptions based upon looks alone, and/or the command of the English language.

Thank you for pointing out my error. You may have had some personal stories related to immigration, but please realize, there are many who believe as I do, all for 'legal immigration'.

 

Apology accepted.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.