Bowling Green High School Football Research.....Please Read....

If anyone knows someone who would carry on the historical view of Bowling Green High School Football, let me know. I have a ton of research that Michael "Bulldog" Drake worked so hard on for so many years....I don't want it all to go to waste. He was very dedicated and could answer any question anyone had. He did not even have to look the answers up, just remembered all of that information....He knew a lot about other schools as well from his research. I don't want the info going to someone who just thinks they want to do this....I want someone dedicated....thank you so much.....you can reach me at 270-202-4211 thanks....

Finding the right person to carry on such an important task is sometimes difficult. Some things I've learned over the years:

1. Immediately finding a person that you "know" will do the job correctly is not always possible.

2. Michael took great pride in doing this job, it may take several people to continue the job properly.

3. Giving all Michael's research to one person is a risky thing.

With the the above items taken into account, may I suggest: Make photocopies of Michael's research, all of it, and have it comb bound at a local office supply store (if it's on the computer place everything on multiple discs or jump drives). It won't cost much. Distribute a copy of his research to several people, maybe 10, and keep a copy for yourself to have and to make future copies of. By giving it to many people, the person that rises to the occasion will be found and you don't have to worry about it being lost.

I'm not certain if I'd be the right person or not, but I've done a great deal with football and basketball records for the local schools, and have in the past incorporated Michael's research (with credit) on my site at http://history.warproductionslive.com/. I think there are some things that he indicated I still needed to get corrected, such as SKY Conference titles and the like, but I would be delighted to be able to add more to it. I obviously don't remotely follow Bowling Green as closely as Michael did, but I believe I could certainly maintain some.

I think I would echo Ram's sentiments as well that where possible, it would be good to distribute to multiple people. I think the school should certainly have a copy.

• 2 weeks later...

Coach Wallace and I talked...I am going to give it to him and he will keep it in the BG Football office. If someone wants to look at it or make copies, if I understood him correctly, he will be more than happy to let them. Boy, I am still going through all of Michael's things...he really did put a lot of effort into all of this. It is going to take me a while to get it to Coach for the simple reason this was not Mike's only passion....I can't tell you all how many model cars he has...not put together, how many club books, articles, etc for classic cars and trucks...old car brochures, model car literature....just amazing what collections he has. I wish I knew as much as he did about my hobbies...Thank you all so much for suggestions....I miss him so much.

Ma'am, I will echo suggestions made above...that more people than just Coach Wallace have a copy of the information. When a coach leaves, or when there is remodeling done, there are lots of details to be resolved...and lots of stuff tends to get lost.

I had started a very detailed information package at the school I covered and it ALL got lost during a remodeling project.

So sorry for your loss; I'm sure the passing of a spouse can never be fully appreciated by someone who has never been there. May God bless you lots!