Leslie Co. 9 Cumberland 2

katrina

Shannon Roberts had another good showing against a very good Cumberland team. He had a no hitter going into the 6th inning when a blooper fell just outside the infield. Cumberland has a very talented team that plays hard. Leslie now goes to 15-0 and has set a school record for the best start and the most consecutive wins in a single season. They have accomplished this despite loosing two of the starters in the infield, out with injury (Gavin Wells torn leg mucle, Tyler Wells appendix surgery) Both players are expected to return in two to three weeks. Also rumor has it that another Leslie player is expected to sign to play college baseball this week. Two has already signed (Riley Hendrix, Quentin Morgan). Good luck Eagles.

Leslie has really started the season off strong, when they came to Somerset for the Cumberland Valley Classic, they proved that they could really swing the bats! This team has the most offensive firepower that i have seen in a while.

Cumberland has a very good team. One of the best outfields I've seen in a long time. Leslie smacked the ball all over the field. They had very good pitching but Leslie knocked the cover off the ball. Leslie has a very solid team. The infield is almost flawless even with two starters out.

Did you think it was between Cumberland and Leslie?? I agree that this win is impressive but I was just wondering why it was this game that did it for you?

No I didnt think it was between just Cumberland and Leslie. I actually think it was between Leslie, South Laurel, and North Laurel. But I know that Cumberland has a good club this year and this was a very convincing win. IMO Leslie is definitely #1 in the mountains with South and North Laurel close behind.

No I didnt think it was between just Cumberland and Leslie. I actually think it was between Leslie, South Laurel, and North Laurel. But I know that Cumberland has a good club this year and this was a very convincing win. IMO Leslie is definitely #1 in the mountains with South and North Laurel close behind.

Someone finally agrees with me.:banana: Good win Leslie. They were suposed to travel to Buckhorn this evening but it has been cancelled due to rain.

I wasn't trying to start anything. I agree that Leslie is the best team in the mountains right now. The SL and NL bit is yet to be proven.:thumb:

Shannon Roberts had another good showing against a very good Cumberland team. He had a no hitter going into the 6th inning when a blooper fell just outside the infield. Cumberland has a very talented team that plays hard. Leslie now goes to 15-0 and has set a school record for the best start and the most consecutive wins in a single season. They have accomplished this despite loosing two of the starters in the infield, out with injury (Gavin Wells torn leg mucle, Tyler Wells appendix surgery) Both players are expected to return in two to three weeks. Also rumor has it that another Leslie player is expected to sign to play college baseball this week. Two has already signed (Riley Hendrix, Quentin Morgan). Good luck Eagles.

Congrats Leslie!! Keep it up!

Also who is the other player signing this week?

I wasn't trying to start anything. I agree that Leslie is the best team in the mountains right now. The SL and NL bit is yet to be proven.:thumb:

Ohh I know, its all good. South Laurel has played Lafayette to 1 run twice, and the defending state champs to 1 run as well And North Laurel beat Boyd Co. In my book, That deserves some strong merit with regards to mountain ball teams.