Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kingsman

Featured Replies

Watched. It last night . Got great critic and used reviews on rotten tomato . I hated it , thought it was awful and would have walked out if my wife wouldnt have discouraged it . It was just dumb and distasteful .30 -40 f bombs with no purpose in the first 15 minutes . They choose kentucky for a location for a red neck hate filled church . Typical Hollywood bs .

Watched. It last night . Got great critic and used reviews on rotten tomato . I hated it ' date=' thought it was awful and would have walked out if my wife wouldnt have discouraged it . It was just dumb and distasteful .30 -40 f bombs with no purpose in the first 15 minutes . They choose kentucky for a location for a red neck hate filled church . Typical Hollywood bs .[/quote']

 

I haven't watched it, but in order for me to effectively gauge your opinion on this subject what specific movies would you consider your favorite and why?

 

Also was it primarily the profanity that bothered you? I know many Americans have issues with profanity for some reason.

 

I have no thoughts on this film one way or the other. It struck me as somewhat silly when I saw the trailer so i am not in a rush to see it either way. I am just trying to gauge the lens through which you are critiquing it.

I saw it in Richmond last week. I really enjoyed it. Good action spy type movie of good guys vs bad guys, which is not meant to be taken seriously, as most of those kind of movies are not meant to be. It's set up more like a semi-spoof take off of the James Bond or Bourne type movies.

 

As far as the profanity, if you're only going to select non-profanity movies nowadays you're not going to be watching many movies. But I do agree with the overkill of the bad language.

I was thoroughly entertained by this movie. I have absolutely no problem with bad language so I didn't even notice that.

  • Author

I should clarify I can live with cursing -- but the language and the movie were just too over the top for me .

It was a "fun" movie. Some of the violence was over the top, but surrealistic, and, as one review mentioned, cartoon-like. Although it was OK to good, I was hoping for a little more serious-minded action movie...kind of a new era James Bond...and I didn't get that - but maybe in a sequel.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.