Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Update on R2D4

Featured Replies

  • Author

As i have said...i know it was a bold prediction and I knew for a fact that it would generate some conversations (which is why i love this forum). It is so awesome to see the amount of enthusiasm and insight provided by so many people. In regards to everyone's post...I know that Iroquois is an extremely long shot at finishing above even 5th. But I have seen them practice this fall and I just have to say that what I have seen thus far has really impressed me. I know that their defense has been horrible the last few years (or decades if you really want to go that far). But they have added a lot of talent and speed to their defense this year including a lot of transfers from other schools that have really bolstered their defense. The problem right now with Iroquois is can they keep the kids eligible. If they can keep certain athletes on their team eligible the entire year...im serious...LOOK OUT! I know its a gamble...but every year there is just some team that makes a stunning surprise and my vote is Iroquois. And if im wrong..i will be the first to admit that I was WAY off.

As for X, Male and the others...Im just not certain Male has that mystique about them anymore. THey have lost so much speed on defense over the years and that is ultimately what hurts them. Offensively yes, they can put points on the board, but what good is that when the opponents are able to match their points? As of right now, im just not convinced that they are going to be better than X this year despite the youth of X. As for PRP I am very impressed with what Wolfe has this year. They looked really good this spring and have a wealth of players to choose from. Their linemen are big and strong, their defense is speedy and get to the ball in hurry and they team tackle. I really believe PRP will make a huge run in this district and will beat Male this year for that 2nd spot. As for Manual, i havent seen them yet but I know they have a lot to replace. I think they will be good just not good enough this year to make a run at the top 2 spots. Butler is a team that I have learned that when a new coach steps into a program, I always give them a slow year the first year to learn the system...that is why I have them down at the bottom. Next year though...Butler will be better and Iroquois will return to the last spot in 07 with no real talent returning in 07.

One interesting thing to note in regards to Iroquois: Their first 5 games are against Valley, Shawnee, Atherton, Moore & Central Hardin. Even though the potential is there to start off 5-0, we all know the REAL games start with district play. But a good start can go a long way to boosting confidence into a team that has been viewed as a "scrimmage" game by opposing teams. If they can learn to win and build their confidence going into District play...who knows what can happen. I will agree that those first 5 games are against teams that cant compare to the R2D4 powers...but hey...if I was Coach Thompson, I would be happy even with going 6-4 (with at least one district win) and finishing above 500 after struggling for the last decade to win even 3 games. And even if they dont win any district games they could still be happy at 500.

I love this game and I love this District!:jump:

1. Male

2. St.X

3. Manual/PRP

5. Butler

6. Iroquois

1.St.X- will start out a little slow but hit stride in the district!Tough D.

2.Male- plenty of talent but with no real QB will have trouble running on X.

3.PRP- will score lots of points and give them up as well.

4.Manual- rebuilding project, lost a ton of size.

5.Butler- on the way up but not this year.

6.Iroquois- better talent than most years but out classed in this district.

1. Male

2. St.X

3. Manual/PRP

5. Butler

6. Iroquois

 

Just surfing some threads from before the start of the season and found this to be pretty interesting. That TonyDanza must be a prognosticator extraordinaire!!!:D

Just surfing some threads from before the start of the season and found this to be pretty interesting. That TonyDanza must be a prognosticator extraordinaire!!!:D

 

I wanted to say something on Friday night, but I left it for you or 02ram.

 

So the big game for Manual is coming up this Friday now, eh?;)

I think my prediction may hold water. I think at this point it would not be a shock to see Butler beat PRP.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.