Shelby County 60 Male 53

Fantastic win for Shelby County. Congratulations! Anybody have any details on this one?

So much for the 8th region being down this year!

Some of us are eagerly awaiting the scoop on this one. No details were reported in the C-J this morning. The 7th and 8th regions girls' b-ball world has been shaken up by this upset! The plot must be a thick one. I hope the outcome is due to a combination of excellent play by the Lady Rockets and not-so-good play by the Lady Bulldogs, and not the guests "getting striped" on the road.

Some of us are eagerly awaiting the scoop on this one. No details were reported in the C-J this morning. The 7th and 8th regions girls' b-ball world has been shaken up by this upset! The plot must be a thick one. I hope the outcome is due to a combination of excellent play by the Lady Rockets and not-so-good play by the Lady Bulldogs, and not the guests "getting striped" on the road.

Ahhh, com' on. That doesn't really happen does it? :lol2:

From what I hear from a dad from Male......Shelby County handled the Male pressure with ease. Male did not get the pace in their favor. With all the size that Shelby has, if they get you in a half-court game, they can play with a lot of teams. The dad said that Coach Holland had his team prepared very well.....Male had no answers.

From what I hear from a dad from Male......Shelby County handled the Male pressure with ease. Male did not get the pace in their favor. With all the size that Shelby has, if they get you in a half-court game, they can play with a lot of teams. The dad said that Coach Holland had his team prepared very well.....Male had no answers.

Does Male struggle with size? Ryle played them very close as well and they have a lot of size. Just curious.

Does Male struggle with size? Ryle played them very close as well and they have a lot of size. Just curious.

Male wants to create havoc a super-up-tempo game, with their defense generating easy transition points. If you can counter that with discipline on the offensive end, not only might you score, but you diminish their defense-generated points. It's not easily done and most opponents have not succeeded at it, but from what has been posted, evidently Shelby pulled it off. Congrats to them.

Male wants to create havoc a super-up-tempo game, with their defense generating easy transition points. If you can counter that with discipline on the offensive end, not only might you score, but you diminish their defense-generated points. It's not easily done and most opponents have not succeeded at it, but from what has been posted, evidently Shelby pulled it off. Congrats to them.

They sound very similar to Holmes!