Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Miss Basketball

Featured Replies

Can anyone take this away from Macy Morris from Bell Co ? She is having a terrific season but their schedule is suspect. Morgan Rich, Allen Co. isn't going unnoticed, she too is coming off a injury which hasn't slowed her down. Looks to be a 2 horse race. Any thoughts?

Maci is an outstanding player, but I think their are several contenders for the award.

Maci is an outstanding player, but I think their are several contenders for the award.

 

Is miss basketball a sr. only award?

top three candidates IMO are Macy Morris, Alexis Robinson and Morgan Rich.

Don't forget about Alexis Brewer. She has made Bardstown girls basketball relevant this year. They won tonight against Nelson County who they hadn't beat in 5 years.

  • Author

And the 2015 Miss Kentucky Basketball Award goes to.........................................................................................Coach Joe B Hall calls out............................Maci Morris!!!!!! Way to go Maci!

Congrats Maci. Well deserved so happy for her as well as our school.

Of course it is well deserved but I bothers me that Joe B. Hall did not know her name! He kept calling her Marci! That tells me he has no clue about girls basketball! Donna Murphy presented an award, they should have let her present the girls since she was the 1st Miss Basketball! Just get the feeling that it is way about boys and they are just letting the girls tag along! Just saying! Also girls in the past 4 years have at least won the majority vs. Indiana while the boys are getting handled! Sorry to complain but when a girl gets the highest honor you can get you would think they organization presenting could at least get her name correct! Now I feel better!

Of course it is well deserved but I bothers me that Joe B. Hall did not know her name! He kept calling her Marci! That tells me he has no clue about girls basketball! Donna Murphy presented an award, they should have let her present the girls since she was the 1st Miss Basketball! Just get the feeling that it is way about boys and they are just letting the girls tag along! Just saying! Also girls in the past 4 years have at least won the majority vs. Indiana while the boys are getting handled! Sorry to complain but when a girl gets the highest honor you can get you would think they organization presenting could at least get her name correct! Now I feel better!

 

Wow! Pretty bad that he did not say her name correct nor is he one that is that familiar with the girls game. Congrats to Maci- something she will remember for the rest of her life.

I don't know how upset I would get over him not getting her name right. He's an 80 year old man. I don't know about any of you all, but my grandfather is around that age and he will get a few of us grandson's names mixed up when talking to us all of the time. Congrats to Maci. She is one heck of a high school basketball player & I expect her to be the same wearing that same shade of blue in college.

Wow! Pretty bad that he did not say her name correct nor is he one that is that familiar with the girls game. Congrats to Maci- something she will remember for the rest of her life.

 

As a girls basketball fan--I don't feel bad about saying this or any other truths, be them positive or negative, about this game or others---but, outside of parents of our girls across the state and our own school fan bases, there aren't many who have much knowledge of the girls game. They don't have the knowledge because they don't have the interest.

As a girls basketball fan--I don't feel bad about saying this or any other truths, be them positive or negative, about this game or others---but, outside of parents of our girls across the state and our own school fan bases, there aren't many who have much knowledge of the girls game. They don't have the knowledge because they don't have the interest.

 

I have to agree with you. It seems like girls Basketball is a second class citizen vs. boys. I was in a conversation this week about the Holy Cross team winning state and was basically told (I am paraphrasing here)...that it doesn't count because they are girls. My face turned red and I had to walk away.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.