Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands 39 Conner 38

Featured Replies

Ugly ugly ugly! Conner completely outplayed the Birds tonight! More details later.

Ugly ugly ugly! Conner completely outplayed the Birds tonight! More details later.

 

Sounds like an interesting game

Ugly ugly ugly! Conner completely outplayed the Birds tonight! More details later.

 

Cannot wait to hear.

  • Author

This game actually went to OT. Completely forgot because it was such a frustrating game to watch. Birds did play without Leigh and Combs (half game).

 

Birds looked completely disinterested in playing this game tonight. Completely out of sync, standing around, extremely LAZY in the defense and rebounding department. Shooting was atrocious. (14 for 50 tonight) Half of those or more were layups and half of those might have been uncontested! Just didn't look like any of their heads were in this game. I feel like the Birds are starting to fall into a trap of only really being interested in playing in (what they consider) big games. Effort was just awful at times.

 

I think the only thing that kept Conner from not winning this game is I have a feeling they didn't shoot much better. And I just got that confirmed. Conner was 16 for 50! But IMO, they outplayed the Birds in every other aspect of the game. Out hustled, played with more energy and had more passion to win. Fortunately for the Birds, they just didn't make a lot of shots either.

 

Conner led at half by 6 at 20-14. Birds quickly come back, erase the deficit and go up 6 in the 3rd. Then I felt like they put it on cruise control and neither team really scored for awhile. Finally Conner hit a few shots and a could 3's and we have a ball game again. Ugly game for the rest. HHS up 2 very late in the game and Gambrel drives to tie it up, with a tough contested shot. Conner gets the lead in OT, but Birds finally score to go up one late. Conner has the last shot and gets a good look and guess what...it doesn't fall.

 

Really an ugly game. Just no other way to describe it.

This game actually went to OT. Completely forgot because it was such a frustrating game to watch. Birds did play without Leigh and Combs (half game). Birds looked completely disinterested in playing this game tonight. Completely out of sync' date=' standing around, extremely LAZY in the defense and rebounding department. Shooting was atrocious. (14 for 50 tonight) Half of those or more were layups and half of those might have been uncontested! Just didn't look like any of their heads were in this game. I feel like the Birds are starting to fall into a trap of only really being interested in playing in (what they consider) big games. Effort was just awful at times. I think the only thing that kept Conner from not winning this game is I have a feeling they didn't shoot much better. And I just got that confirmed. Conner was 16 for 50! But IMO, they outplayed the Birds in every other aspect of the game. Out hustled, played with more energy and had more passion to win. Fortunately for the Birds, they just didn't make a lot of shots either. Conner led at half by 6 at 20-14. Birds quickly come back, erase the deficit and go up 6 in the 3rd. Then I felt like they put it on cruise control and neither team really scored for awhile. Finally Conner hit a few shots and a could 3's and we have a ball game again. Ugly game for the rest. HHS up 2 very late in the game and Gambrel drives to tie it up, with a tough contested shot. Conner gets the lead in OT, but Birds finally score to go up one late. Conner has the last shot and gets a good look and guess what...it doesn't fall. Really an ugly game. Just no other way to describe it.[/quote']

 

I hate to hear that! It sounds like ground hog day different gender 24 hours later. I truly enjoying watching this bunch when I can catch a game. In their case lace them up and move forward.

  • Author
I hate to hear that! It sounds like ground hog day different gender 24 hours later. I truly enjoying watching this bunch when I can catch a game. In their case lace them up and move forward.

 

Yea, hear the boys played about the same. I think this group will be fine. Long season and coming off two very emotional games.

Yea' date=' hear the boys played about the same. I think this group will be fine. Long season and coming off two very emotional games.[/quote']

 

That will do it to you! I stand firm on the belief that they will right the ship and contend to go down state. I know a group of softball girls that experienced it and our itching to go back.

By G. MICHAEL GRAHAM

Fort Thomas Matters Sports Reporter

The Highlands Ladybirds basketball team went to overtime on the road in 9th Region play for a second straight Saturday.

But unlike last week’s tough 40-39 doubled overtime loss, Highlands (18-3 overall) came away with a 39-38 victory over the host Conner Lady Cougars (9-14). Highlands outscored Conner, 4-3 in the extra session.

Both teams took exactly 50 shots in the game. Highlands made 14 for 28 percent including 5-of-19 from three-point range for 26 percent and Conner made 16 for 32 percent. The Lady Cougars made 3-of-14 from beyond the arc for 21 percent.

Highlands saw just one player reach double figures in Lydia Graves with 17. She made 4-of-9 three-point tries. The Ladybirds again played without 6-foot-1-inch junior McKenzie Leigh. She missed most of Thursday’s game against Holmes going up for a score then falling hard to the ground.

Conner also saw just one player score in double figures. That was Savannah Jordan with 10.

The Lady Cougars won the rebounding battle, 41-31. Shelby Frye led Conner with eight and Zoie Barth had seven to lead the Ladybirds.

Highlands plays host to Scott on Monday. Game time is 7:30 p.m.

 

Fort Thomas Matters Sports: GIRLS HOOPS ROUNDUP: Highlands survives Conner; NC drops tough one

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.